what really is going to happen March 1st?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

old rat

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 6, 2004
Is Directv going to explode? are they going to raise prices? all the prices?

If they are going to lease only, should we, who own our own equipment, be in for a PRICE DECREASE, since you own your equiptment and its now lease only? How can they charge us a per room fee, when YOU NOW OWN YOUR EQUIPMENT? its that paying double or triple?

What does the end of Grandfathering mean? for everything?

Does anyone really know the answers to these questions?

or should we all gather our D* equipment, pile it in the parking lot at mall of America and have "disco Night" and blow it all up?

what really is going to happen?

The prices for packages are going up.

The room fees will be the same for people owning and leasing.

DTV prices

So it's confirmed that people who own their own receivers will still pay a mirror fee since it can't be called a leasing fee? I assume people who lease will have the pleasure of mirroring for "free"?

mirror fee for owned receivers, lease fee for leased receivers.

Right now even for dealers information is scarce and questionable. The latest I got from my distributer seems to be the right hand dosen't know what the left hand is doing. A week before the new prices and program starts I don't have new contracts for the lease, I don't have new brochures for pricing, I don't have welcome kits for new customers with new information about their accounts. But on March 1st I won't be able to sell you a receiver without incurring charge backs from DTV.

I spoke with customer retention over the weekend and they said they have not yet had their training on the new program. The guy I spoke with said he was scheduled for training on 2/22. So, the CSRs (even the ones who usually have the stuff together in customer retention) are only now learning about the lease program. I am going to call them later this week.

That being said, the guy I spoke with said that I would be able to get a HD Tivo HR10-250 for free and only pay 5.99/month for leasing. I told him it sounded like they were going to the cable pricing model. And he said yeah. Of course, the information around is contradictory to this.

I will call later this week to try to get more info, but depending on what I hear, I will decide to go buy one of ebay new for $400 and use the $100 rebate (I already used my $200 rebate) or wait for 3/1 to lease one.

Same thing as they are doing with Dish (with lease fee/mirror fee/etc) and probably about the same prices as Dish once the prices do go up.

old rat said:
What does the end of Grandfathering mean? for everything?
From other things I have read, it means for sports packages. D* used to sell just the NFL package, and when they discontinued that practice, they grandfathered it those subs. It looks like they are now going to make you sub to at least a base package to buy ST.

boba said:
Right now even for dealers information is scarce and questionable. The latest I got from my distributer seems to be the right hand dosen't know what the left hand is doing. .

Me too. I've emailed twice and left a phone message that hasn't been returned and I can't get an answer. Either they (dealers) are waiting for a clearer answer or they are tired of talking about it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts