What SA Channels?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

varaonaid

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 14, 2005
Hi there,

Hope that it isn't bringing up a sore point for some but I read that Sky Angel is leaving E* on the 31st and wondered which channels specifically that affects? I tried to find a SA channel listing but it included things like Hallmark Channel which I didn't imagine was one of the channels that will be leaving E*. Is there a link that includes this information?

The channels affected are the following SKY ANGEL channels. If you do not subscribe to SKY ANGEL you are not affected.

Red= Gone, unavailable with Dish equipment after March 31.
Green = Still available nationally on Dish equipment
Blue = Limited availablility on Dish equipment

9701 Angel One - Will continue to be on Dish channel 262 for all subscribers
9702 Angel 2 - Will presumably be added to Dish Channel 266
9703 Kids and Teens TV (KTV) & Spirit TV - Will presumably be added to Dish channel 264

9705 TVU (Television U)
9707 Guardian TV Network (WSFJ TV 51 Newark/Columbus, OH) -- Will continue to be available to Dish Columbus, OH local subscribers on Dish Channel 7207
9708 FaithTV
9709 Trinity Broadcast Network - Will continue to be available to Dish subscribers on Dish channel 260
9711 Safe TV (KSBN TV 57 Springdale, Ar)
9712 Cornerstone TV (WPCB TV 40 Pittsburgh, PA) -- Will continue to be available to Pittsbugh and Johnstown local subscribers on Dish channels 8137 & 7472.

9714 Total Living Network
9716 The Liberty Network WTLU-CA 19 (Lynchberg, Va)
9717 Gospel Music Channel

9718 Fox News Channel (will continue to be available on Dish Network AT200 and Dish Family Packages channel 205)
9720 HGTV (Will continue to be available on Dish Network AT100, HD and Dish Family Packages.
9729 Hallmark Channel (Will continue to be available on Dish Network AT100 and Dish Family Packages channel 185)
9730 Hallmark Movie Channel (Will continue to be available on Dish Network AT250 and Dish Family Packages channel 187)

9732 Worship

Radio Channels
9750 Children's Sonshine Radio
9751 Oasis Radio Network
9752 God Listens Radio
9753 Radio U
9754 WAY-FM
9755 Today's Christian Music Radio
9760 America's Talk Radio
9762 Calvary Satellite Radio
9764 KTLW The Living Way Radio
9765 Moody Broadcasting Radio
9770 Solid Gospel Radio
9771 Sacred Favorites Radio
9772 Voice of Hope (from Jerusalem)
9773 Z - 73 KDAZ-AM Albuquerque, NM
9780 Radio Nueva Vida
9781 Bott Radio Network

TNGTony, that list is great! Can you cross-post it on the Sky Angel part of the forum?

Thanks for all the replies, especially TNGTony. That list was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for taking the time to create/post it!

One thing that is interesting to note is Dish has not gone yet and put up a slate on the Sky Angel channels or in that range saying the service is ending, or start tuning into a different location. Why not just take what TNGTony did and uplink it?

alebowgm,

Remember that these are SKY ANGEL channels, not Dish channels. It is up to Sky Angel to notify its satellite subscribers, not Dish.

Having said that, I agree that there should have been a more lengthy "warning" in the EPG since many people throw away the letters sent by Sky Angel or may not even receive them!

See ya
Tony

Well not only that. Dish may want to try and get some of the SkyAngel subs so if they put the warning in, then they may have got it if it said Sky Angel 2 effective April 01 is on 264.

Well not only that. Dish may want to try and get some of the SkyAngel subs so if they put the warning in, then they may have got it if it said Sky Angel 2 effective April 01 is on 264.

I imagine Dish is probably contractually limited from being able to modify what Sky Angel gives them. They're just the carrier, they take input in and rebroadcast it.

Even if Dish could, I doubt they would want to meddle in their customers affairs unless the customer specifically asked them to. Think of it like I am your ISP. Would you like me modifying the webpages you view, or would you rather we just stick to our role as a provider and just pass the bits and bytes to you? Sure, you might pay me to filter questionable content or something, but unless you specifically asked me to do so, I'm just going to pass the bits and bytes along.

(I realize my argument is flawed with Comcast traffic shaping bittorrent and all of the other nasties that larger ISPs do, but you get the point...)

Why, they changed all the EPG info for the stations that won't be retained on a national level after the end of the month. They can easily do it. Heck, why not just add a slate channel saying what is going on. I think it is a lost oppertunity by Dish to maybe gain a few extra subs, and I don't think it would have cost them much, if anything at all....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts