What satellite is this?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
theres nothing DVB on 105W so a blind scan wont help

hook up the 410 and see what kind of ebno # you get.
options 6-0-5 then use the right arrow to "diagnostic C"
on the right hand side there will be a number that will show -1.0 up to +15.0 The higher the number the better the signal

Cool, I'm close now. Never saw anything change in the status B section which is the Authorization Status, it was always US. After moving the dish earlier, I now see MP. My signal is 82 with quality of only 1 so I'm darn close :).

The tiny Satellite icon on the receiver is still red and I'm looking for green if I recall.

I'll get out there and see if I can tune this up tomorrow.

This has been taking a heck of a long time but it's also been interesting.

Mike

yeah it needs to be green

Is it the 410 that you're using? I know on the 4DTV there is a setting in the menu that makes the polarity right. It says under "LNB" 90 degrees inverted or something like that. That makes it work with a LNBF. I hope someone who has a 410 can let you know the menu setup for that (I dont have one here to try)

Yes, it's a DSR410 and this morning, the MP is gone and I'm back to US on #B.
In the System Status, there's a mention of Polarization, which is Horiz_Left.

Man, I don't see how I'm going to motorize this thing considering that 105W is so hard to set up. That was the main reason for this dish, to nab W5.

BTW, slightly off topic but part of what I'm doing... the actually, uses 16 to 22 gauge wires for power and sensor. A cat5 cable is 24 gauge so for a 100' run, should be ok with using cat5, using each pair as one conductor right. That would give me a 12 gauge wire.

Anyone ever do that? I use cat5 for tons of things, why not this.

I ended up using sprinkler wire which is 18g.
Actuator is up, working as expected, guess it's all good to go other than now interested in a dual c-band lnb for skyvision and fta.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)