What Satellite is Where

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pixl

Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2010
Traverse City, Michigan
I guess I can unstick this thread I made 5 years ago since nobody looks at it ;)
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/71402-what-satellite-where.html

Ok Ice, I want you to know I just printed out your very useful 5 year old list with it's generous LARGE print.
Going to keep it right here on the coffee table.
Just read a post with reference to G-25.
Seems it could be 97w G-19 formerly G-25, IA5, T5 or 93w G-25, formerly IA6, T6, G-26.

If he had just posted the orbit position.

G-25 used to be (formerly) at 97w it now has been moved to 93w, thus why it says: 93w G-25.
Then after the comma it says what it was formerly (or used to be) at that orbital slot. This is posted this way mainly for newbies that have an old
receiver and it may be listed different.

btw The thread was started 5 years ago but is kept up to date.:) As you can see at the bottom Ice updated it 2 days ago.;)

thanks ke4 I didnt know we had a sat at 93 these days, I never scan it. Guess I should look at that list myself once in a while!

yeah I don't ever get much on this one either.

It is a very useful thread, considering the orbital musical chairs game ;) ... I think the most confusing satellite naming (for newbies and old timers alike) occurs at the 97W orbital position.

The reason G25 moved from 97 to 93 is because G26 had a failure at one time. So thats why it looks confusing :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)