What should Vick do to get back in the NFL...?

ok....NO ONE deserves a 2nd chance then? IF they did what he did..

He paid his debt. He's got a job working construction. The world needs ditch diggers too. The NFL doesn't need him, the fans don't want him. I can't find work, and this guy kills dogs, and walks out of Leavenworth right into a 40 hr. a week job? And then we should let him play in the NFL, because that is what he does? Maybe he should have payed attention when he was getting that tax payer supplied education at VaTech.

Anybody who signs this guy deserves the PR nightmare that comes with it.:mad:

So Vick is going to miss 2 full seasons and spent time in jail. And people still want blood. Have some perspective. They were dogs.

Now, someone like Leonard Little or Donate Stallworth actually killed humans and no one cares. No one wants blood.

This has already ben dealt with. What Little and Stallworth did was not intentional on their part. Even so many argued their reinstatement. Sure one difference between tose cases and Vick is whether animals or humans were involved---but it si not the critical difference. But I guarantee you that if Vick killed animals because of a DUI people would see it differently. And if he actually threw human into the dog ring there would be no discussion whatsoever of his reinstatement. He would be in jail fora long time aand no one would be in favor of leniency.

This has already ben dealt with. What Little and Stallworth did was not intentional on their part. Even so many argued their reinstatement. Sure one difference between tose cases and Vick is whether animals or humans were involved---but it si not the critical difference. But I guarantee you that if Vick killed animals because of a DUI people would see it differently. And if he actually threw human into the dog ring there would be no discussion whatsoever of his reinstatement. He would be in jail fora long time aand no one would be in favor of leniency.

Therein lies part of the problem here. He basically skated on this. He should have been in jail for at least the same amount of time he engaged in this horror. I suspect the only people who want to see him back in the NFL don't own dogs.

You know, I am indifferent on this Vick returning to the NFL issue. On one hand, the man has paid his debt to society and should be permitted to pursue his right to happiness and all other opportunities afforded to him in our society. On the other hand, I feel this man has a rotten soul and I would not willingly contribute one penny to his livelihood. Any team hiring Vick will have to deal with a LOT of fan backlash! In my opinion, the public outcry (as measured in $$$) will be hard for any team to overcome.

To be honest...it sounds like Mr. Vick and William Clay Ford's Detroit Lions team are perfect for one another; it's like a match forged in the fires of hell.:devil::rolleyes:

You know, I am indifferent on this Vick returning to the NFL issue. On one hand, the man has paid his debt to society and should be permitted to pursue his right to happiness and all other opportunities afforded to him in our society. On the other hand, I feel this man has a rotten soul and I would not willingly contribute one penny to his livelihood. Any team hiring Vick will have to deal with a LOT of fan backlash! In my opinion, the public outcry (as measured in $$$) will be hard for any team to overcome.

To be honest...it sounds like Mr. Vick and William Clay Ford's Detroit Lions team are perfect for one another; it's like a match forged in the fires of hell.:devil::rolleyes:

Don't say that even in jest. We here in Detroit have suffered enough.:( This won't happen anyhow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)