What should Vick do to get back in the NFL...?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
I thought I would bring this topic up because he will be released from jail in the next couple fo days. I am hoping that MOST will think like YOU are trying to get him back him and get some constructive feed back. I know it would be easy to say something lazy and negative....but I would like to know what some of YOU would do if you were his agent/family member/friend/mentor and trying to reconstruct his image.

....hopefully, this will go a page or two before it becomes a "Michael Vick should die" thread.:rolleyes:

Reports: Vick released from prison
Updated: May 20, 2009, 8:19 AM ET
ESPN.com news services

RICHMOND, Va. -- A person familiar with the release details said suspended NFL star Michael Vick left a Kansas prison Wednesday for home confinement in Virginia, the latest step on a journey that he hopes will lead to his return to the NFL.

The person spoke on condition of anonymity because no public announcement has been made. The person said Vick left the federal penitentiary at Leavenworth before dawn, evading cameras and reporters who had staked out the building ahead of his expected released this week.

The Daily Press of Newport News, Va., first reported Vick's release, citing sources on the scene. The former Atlanta Falcons quarterback avoided reporters and cameras by leaving through a different entrance, according to the report.

Vick is due to return to his Hampton, Va., home and serve the remainder of his federal sentence on house arrest. He served the past 19 months at Leavenworth after pleading guilty to bankrolling a dogfighting ring.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4183786"]Michael Vick leaves federal prison, heads back to Virginia - ESPN[/ame]

I'm not trying to be lazy and negative, but here is my honest opinion. His image is damaged beyond repair - - he cannot reconstruct it. I'd imagine he'll do some good deeds and be re-instated, but fair or not, he'll always be an enemy in the eyes of the public even if he is truly remorseful.

I'm not trying to be lazy and negative, but here is my honest opinion. His image is damaged beyond repair - - he cannot reconstruct it. I'd imagine he'll do some good deeds and be re-instated, but fair or not, he'll always be an enemy in the eyes of the public even if he is truly remorseful.
This is with out the Dog Fighting just for being him.

It will be a PR nightmare for any team to sign him. The media circus, PETA protests and public outcry that would ensue would be crazy. Somebody will sign him though. I just hope to hell the circus that would ensue isn't in Cleveland.

This is with out the Dog Fighting just for being him.

No, it IS the dog-fighting. No conspiracies there. Torturing and killing defenseless creatures is a sensitive issue. Beyond reprehensible for many. Especially when a lot of people in this country have pets of their own they love hold near and dear to their heats. This strikes a nerve to many and many will never find it in themselves to never forgive such acts.

Considering his crime had nothing to do with football, all he should have to do to get back in the NFL is sign with a team.

He plead guilty and served his time, so he's free to do what he wants.

Considering his crime had nothing to do with football, all he should have to do to get back in the NFL is sign with a team.

He plead guilty and served his time, so he's free to do what he wants.

I agree. He should be allowed back in and it should be up to the teams to decide whether they want to deal with the PR mess by employing somebody with a checkered past.

I suppose that if you like Vick , or if you consider dog fighting and throwing family pets into the ring with pit bulls to be acceptable behavior Vick's reinstatement will be a story of redemption. But for most of us we would rather not see him back.

BTW I think Goodell did lay out the terms under which Vick might be reinstated. But I don't think he wants to reinstate him either.

I'm surprised that Vick is getting more negative attention nationally than Ray Lewis received when he was complicit in the murder of a person.

I'm surprised that Vick is getting more negative attention nationally than Ray Lewis received when he was complicit in the murder of a person.

Or Leonard Little's multiple convictions of driving drunk, one of which resulted in killing a woman.

There's something that strikes the nerve of people about this case with Vick. Torturing and killing defenseless dogs is creepy as hell.

No, it IS the dog-fighting. No conspiracies there. Torturing and killing defenseless creatures is a sensitive issue. Beyond reprehensible for many. Especially when a lot of people in this country have pets of their own they love hold near and dear to their heats. This strikes a nerve to many and a lot will never find it in themselves to forgive such acts.

I find the hypocrisy about Michaell Vick amazing...LOL! The NFL have guys that beat their wives, guys that are involved in shootings, guys that are involved in accidents while driving under the influence....and they are playing.

With all that said, you guys are saying he could not restore his name enough EVEN if he did all the right things?

I suppose that if you like Vick , or if you consider dog fighting and throwing family pets into the ring with pit bulls to be acceptable behavior Vick's reinstatement will be a story of redemption. But for most of us we would rather not see him back.

BTW I think Goodell did lay out the terms under which Vick might be reinstated. But I don't think he wants to reinstate him either.

But will you accept a guy that has beaten his wife? gotten into drunk bar fights? THAT is acceptable?

I find the hypocrisy about Michaell Vick amazing...LOL! The NFL have guys that beat their wives, guys that are involved in shootings, guys that are involved in accidents while driving under the influence....and they are playing.

With all that said, you guys are saying he could not restore his name enough EVEN if he did all the right things?

Personally, I think he'll play again and should. He did his time and should be able to come back.

With that said, I don't want him on my team. I could never root for that guy. I can say the same about Rey Lewis, Leonard Little, etc.

While I believe Vick is a jerk (before the dog fighting as I couldn't care less about that) he should be reinstated. As long as it's not on the Panthers or the Eagles I don't care where he goes... hopefully a team as bad as Detroit so he has no chance of success :)

Or Leonard Little's multiple convictions of driving drunk, one of which resulted in killing a woman.

There's something that strikes the nerve of people about this case with Vick. Torturing and killing defenseless dogs is creepy as hell.

That is the hypocrisy I do not understand.....Prime example is this situation with your Browns wide reciever. When the news broke out that Donte Stallworth flashed his long lights at the pedestrian and hit him, INSTEAD of coming for a stop....there was all this simpathy for Donte...

Personally, I think he'll play again and should. He did his time and should be able to come back.

With that said, I don't want him on my team. I could never root for that guy. I can say the same about Rey Lewis, Leonard Little, etc.

So if the guy does charity work for the Humain Society...does TV spots about how he was wrong and how he was sorry....and has GREAT workouts..and could STILL help your team....you would STILL not take him?:confused:

I think once Vick has paid his debt to society, and any further debt Goodall comes up with, he should be allowed to play in the NFL. You cannot take away a person's right to make a living.

But not for my team...personally, I could never root for that piece of garbage.

If you care about animals even a little (or even if you don't) and want to be sick to your stomach, read the transcripts of what he admitted to doing to his dogs. The press only reported part of it, which may be a good thing. The cruelty goes far beyond forcing animals to fight each other, which is the perception some people have.

Vick funded and participated in the breeding of dogs who were born for the sole purpose of being sadistically tortured for the enjoyment of human beings. Vick can play in the league, but I can't root for him.

You also have to wonder what some NFL players may be thinking themselves. Of course, an offensive lineman who is getting paid will most likely do his job and protect his QB, even if he is an animal lover. But you do have to wonder if there are some defensive lineman and linebackers who will do their jobs a little better, hit a little harder, maybe do some things on the borderline of the rules, when Vick is on the other side of the ball.

Sandra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts