What should we do if someone sends a PM concering illegal activity?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
cj9788 said:
Also I take my receiver to my vacation house during the summer is that a form of stacking.
I take my recievers with me when we go to Canada. But I also bring them back with me. They're never active in two locations at once.

Jahntassa said:
Okay, I think I get the basic idea of account stacking (Getting a secondary reciever on your account and letting the neighbor use it)

And this is probably a stupid question which I know the answer to, is it a problem to let the neighbor use my Dish (meaning, connect to my LNB) to save having to put up a secondary dish on my apartment building? I have a single 522 which has some sort of 'splitter' behind the unit feeding the two SAT inputs, so i'm only using one output of the LNB.

I'm guessing this wouldn't be a problem, because the signal isn't decoded at the LNB, but figured i'd ask. :)

If the signal coming in from the satellite is going to more than one address (apartment in your case) then no, you aren't allowed do it.

Slamminc11 said:
If the signal coming in from the satellite is going to more than one address (apartment in your case) then no, you aren't allowed do it.

If I understand his question correctly, he is using one dish to supply two accounts(one account at his house, one account at the apartment). I have not seen anything that would make that a no-no. Apartment buildings use a single dish with distribution to get one dish to multiple accounts.

If the receiver in the apartment is on the same account as his house, then that is stacking and not allowed.

Account stacking is allowing more than one household at the same time to use the same account to get service.

Jahntassa said:
Okay, I think I get the basic idea of account stacking (Getting a secondary reciever on your account and letting the neighbor use it)

And this is probably a stupid question which I know the answer to, is it a problem to let the neighbor use my Dish (meaning, connect to my LNB) to save having to put up a secondary dish on my apartment building? I have a single 522 which has some sort of 'splitter' behind the unit feeding the two SAT inputs, so i'm only using one output of the LNB.

I'm guessing this wouldn't be a problem, because the signal isn't decoded at the LNB, but figured i'd ask. :)

yes you can do that. Use 1 dish for 2 locations (as long as you both pay for your servcie :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts