What should we do if someone sends a PM concering illegal activity?

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
Do the administrators want people receive questions about account stacking, etc.. through PMs to report these individuals?

If you see any posts relating to account stacking please use the Report Bad Post feature. It's the icon in the upper right of the post that is a yellow triangle with an exclamation point in it.

I think he means more like ex. I have a question (i don't) about how to give dish to my neighbor... i PM someone about it not post it or start a forum, how should the recipient deal w/ said PM? who/ how should he/she tell a admin. or should he/she

Ignore it... they'll try someone else and so long as everyone does the same thing, ignores the person, they'll move on to a different site.

Account stacking is the same as stealing, plain and simple. Please don't even discuss it. If anyone gets a PM asking how to do so, please do as Hall says and ignore it. We treat this issue the same as we treat hack talk. We do report this stuff to DISH when we get wind of it.

I think ignoring such posts is the wrong thing to do. I feel that they should be reported but I would like to hear Scott's feeling about this subject.

what i think your talking about is allowing someone out side your home use your active receiver on your account. if so in my opinion is that is stealing! and should be reported!

I would rather have people report it thanks.

BTW remember private messages are NOT private, Admins can read them (and that goes for any site not just ours) in the past we have looked at accounts of people suspected to doing some illegal things and in looking at their PMs we confirmed this and took proper action.

You can ignore them but most of us would let staff know.

Because we don’t tolerate theft of service here at satelliteguys :)

I myself would IGNORE it.
If I saw someone stealing my neighbors car, I would report it.
But if my neighbor offered me a bootleg copy of a Movie, I would IGNORE it.
Although starting a Thread about what should I do, is past the IGNORING it stage. :)

How is stacking any diffrent than "moving"? Is stacking just a violation of your service agreement or can you be prosecuted in a court of law for stacking.

Also I take my receiver to my vacation house during the summer is that a form of stacking.

Just wondering.

Also I take my receiver to my vacation house during the summer is that a form of stacking.
Yes it is, which is funny since on one Charlie Chat Charlie mentioned that it was ok (this was long before the audit team came into play)

dslate69 said:
I myself would IGNORE it.
If I saw someone stealing my neighbors car, I would report it.
But if my neighbor offered me a bootleg copy of a Movie, I would IGNORE it.
Although starting a Thread about what should I do, is past the IGNORING it stage. :)

then ignore it. Nobody is forcing you to report it.

:)

Okay, I think I get the basic idea of account stacking (Getting a secondary reciever on your account and letting the neighbor use it)

And this is probably a stupid question which I know the answer to, is it a problem to let the neighbor use my Dish (meaning, connect to my LNB) to save having to put up a secondary dish on my apartment building? I have a single 522 which has some sort of 'splitter' behind the unit feeding the two SAT inputs, so i'm only using one output of the LNB.

I'm guessing this wouldn't be a problem, because the signal isn't decoded at the LNB, but figured i'd ask. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts