what size dish I need for c band Intelsat 9

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

nitos

Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
USA
hello everybody what size dish I need for Intelsat 9 58.0 band C I live in las Vegas NV thanks for your help

any channel is specific?

Some are very strong and a 4 footer would work (like NHK) but some are very weak so you need a 10 footer

check out thelist at the top. Everything on 58W I picked up with a 6 footer in Minnesota

My 6' is normally parked on 58W and there is a ton of margin on all the signals. It's going to be lower on the horizon in Las Vegas than here in Denver, but as long as you have line-of-sight, you should be fine.

Pendragon or anyone else, what's a strong Ku Band transponder @ 58? the "strong transponder to aim dish" thread mentions this:

58 (PAS-9)-11612 H 3670 (Need a Universal LNB)

but I wanted a second option in case I cant get that one

maybe I can try to find the sat first while I wait for the C Band LNB

Since you live in Mexico you should try any SKY Mexico TP since they are on 24x7 just to check signal levels. Although as per Lyngsat there is a FTA TV channel named SKY View. The rest are feeds on CONUS beams and as you said it requieres a Universal LNB.

I get 58W C Band with a motorised 6 footer fine.

Pendragon or anyone else, what's a strong Ku Band transponder @ 58? the "strong transponder to aim dish" thread mentions this:

58 (PAS-9)-11612 H 3670 (Need a Universal LNB)

but I wanted a second option in case I cant get that one

maybe I can try to find the sat first while I wait for the C Band LNB

that TP is actually gone. I dont have a Universal LNB set up to see what is up there so if someone can scan 58W and send me the TP's active that would be great :)

Even if there is no channels that fine

nitos sorry for hijacking your thread with Ku Band info but here's what I found @ 58W (ill be PMing this info to Ice):

4 Sky Mexico TPs with over 100 channels but 99.99% of them are NDS Encrypted :( (as you can imagine the quality is booming for me using the 7 footer)

The 4 ITC channels are:

12179V 30000 Sky Mosaic 0512 0840 0512
11998H 30000 Sky Mosaic 0525 0853 0525
11978H 30000 Sky Mosaic 0525 0853 0525
12099V 28.300 Sky Prepago 0522 (Audio is AC3 I believe)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts