what size dish to get amazonas 1?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

manuelpaz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
usa
Hi all any guys get this satellite Amazonas 1. but my question is what size dish i really need to get Cable Magico Deportivo from peru. Frequency= 12132H 28880 maybe i need a 6 feet dish ( Promelin) the white one to get this frequency. any theads will be helpful. thank u manny

3 thoughts
1. none will help. The footprint is Brazil
2. on Lyngsat there is a link that shows you what the eirp numbers are. On the right hand side it shows the beam. Click on that and it will show a map with EIRP levels. The lower the number the bigger the dish
3. Its all encrypted

There is reception here in Florida with a 6 ft dish minimum(I currently use to get that sat). However further up north (I believe your are in NY tri-state area?) you will need a bigger dish, and I have not heard of anyone further north getting that sat because of the footprint.
As Iceberg also mentioned that transponder is scrambled, which I tried viewing and is confirmed scrambled.

Hi all any guys get this satellite Amazonas 1. but my question is what size dish i really need to get Cable Magico Deportivo from peru. Frequency= 12132H 28880 maybe i need a 6 feet dish ( Promelin) the white one to get this frequency. any theads will be helpful. thank u manny

Scroll to your locaton and determine the EIRP dBw and you can calculate your antenna diameter. Hover and click to see isocontour values

Amazonas 1 61W KUTH N America (Satkml)

Using a 8ft Andrew, I was watching Amazonas 1 C-band stuff last week here at 45 lat. Northern Michigan. Seems one or more of the channels were from Peru. Woo-Hoo from Brazil is fun too.

Jim

Using a 8ft Andrew, I was watching Amazonas 1 C-band stuff last week here at 45 lat. Northern Michigan. Seems one or more of the channels were from Peru. Woo-Hoo from Brazil is fun too.

Jim

Thats great news that you are able to receive that far north. Most of the new sats used for Brazil are high powered. Loking to see what the newly launched Amazonas 2 holds for us. Currently one open transponder with maybe reception in your area also.

Looking to see what the newly launched Amazonas 2 holds for us. Currently one open transponder with maybe reception in your area also.

Rich,

One of the Atlantic sats I was looking at last week only had one Ku tp on and had a looping video showing satellite launching and references to "new services". Also made reference to the "Hispasat group" but this was not as far east as 30deg, more like 43 or 45. Have you seen this and know the orbit pos?

I see from your signature you have some serious hardware for this hobby. I didn't think I would see another Andrew dish, mine spent 20 years up 200 ft. on a tower as a microwave dish for the cable co. Built for 12ghz. service I modified it for prime focus C-band / Ku.

Jim

It is the new Amazonas 2 @ 61W. It only has 1 active TP on Ku with NA coverage and like you say it has an informational loop. 11810H 27500. I get it with my 6' C/ku Dish in Toronto, from Michigan you should be able to get it to. It will also have a C band Pan American beam but unfortunaelly both of us are outside the 35 dBW footprint so it will requiere a larger antenna. You are already getting Amazonas 1 which has 36 dBW in our area with the 8 footer and there will be only 10 C band TP on the new A2. Time will tell if your lucky to get some of them. My 6 footer probably wont.

Last edited:
Hd, thanks for the id on that. I'm still walking in my arc tracking and get lost as to where I am sometimes. So if this is a new sat maybe there is more to come in the future!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)