What size my dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

RT-Cat

"My person-well trained"
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Cold, Cold,Michigan USA
I have read several post that had the 1000.4 dish listed. What is the size of that one? The dish the installer put in here is about 22" by 27". Which one is that? I take it that bigger is better to help cut down on that blasted rain fade or total LOS.

RT.

I take it that bigger is better to help cut down on that blasted rain fade or total LOS.
No, it's bigger because it has to "see" 3-4 satellite locations. It doesn't help reduce rain fade... In fact, I believe it's the opposite, but it's the tradeoff one has to make vs using multiple dishes.

I have read several post that had the 1000.4 dish listed. What is the size of that one? The dish the installer put in here is about 22" by 27". Which one is that? I take it that bigger is better to help cut down on that blasted rain fade or total LOS.

RT.

Normally that is true.The bigger the relflector(dish) the less rainfade you should have,now if you still have bad rainfade after a new 1K.4 is installed and you have had the dish realigned for the strongest signals your next step would be to get Dish Network's 500+ dish which is larger than the 1K.4.;)

Normally that is true.The bigger the relflector(dish) the less rainfade you should have,now if you still have bad rainfade after a new 1K.4 is installed and you have had the dish realigned for the strongest signals your next step would be to get Dish Network's 500+ dish which is larger than the 1K.4.;)
But 500+ is Western Arc only and really should be 1000+

No, it's bigger because it has to "see" 3-4 satellite locations. It doesn't help reduce rain fade... In fact, I believe it's the opposite, but it's the tradeoff one has to make vs using multiple dishes.
Yes, a exact round would not work very well for mulit sats.

OK. I see someone stated the 500 was west arc. I am on eastern.
Lots of good info here, thanks.

RT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts