What size Shaw dish for N GA

ggilbert

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 1, 2006
LaFayette, GA
I live in North Georgia. Receive Shaw F1 & F2 great using standard 75cm size dish. What size dish should I change to if I want to receive the G1 HD channels? Is this possible where I am located?

I live in North Georgia. Receive Shaw F1 & F2 great using standard 75cm size dish. What size dish should I change to if I want to receive the G1 HD channels? Is this possible where I am located?

You may wanto to refer to the thread below, there is a report about someone in the VA/NC border who wasn´t able to get G1 with a 4 footer (1.2 meter) dish.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/312374-Anik-F1R-and-Anik-G1-signal-survey-Post-your-results

I didn´t see any report from further south. Unless I missed it, hopefully someone from your area has further info on testing a larger dish.

In the meantime, here is part of a message from Mike Khol on the specifics of dish size required to receive G1 "I am going to predict that 1.8 and 2.4 meter offset antennas pointed at 107 with our special single satellite Extended Ku-band LNBF for 107 West should work as far south as Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Little Rock and Memphis. Areas further south than these will likely find Anik G1 reception completely impossible----I have been hoping for some kind of miracle so that 2.4 meter antenna of the offset type might play in southern locales such as Atlanta and Nashville"

I know that a 75E dish is even good in Central Mexico to receive F1 and F2.

You cannot get G1 that far south, I have tried with no luck with a 1 meter dish in north Alabama.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Not to hijack thus thread, but can someone recommend a broker to get Shaw Direct service in the USA. I have two receivers that I got from a SatelliteGuys member on the way. I would like to find out how to get these activated.

Thanks

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)