what switch for w5

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

brown4599

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
i have 5 dsr 410's hooked up to a dual lnb feedhorn,, apart from high frequency splitters can a fta switch work with these receivers on w5?

Last edited:
if you have a dual LNBF you can use a 2x8 or 4x8 multiswitch (like what DirecTV uses)

you really couldnt use splitters unless they're all ont he same polarity

thanks iceberg...dont mean to be a nuisance,, but what frequency should the switch be?

irrelevant. The multiswitch just passes whatever you are using.

I have a 2x4 for my 6 foot C-Band on G4/G16

2 inputs into it
4 receivers out

also have a 2x4 for my G10 dish...same thing

the thing is i'm trying to remap my 410's and i'm not getting anywhere,,,,i'm getting a green light on all 5 receivers, but the polarity says horizontal,,,it should be vertical right? i did a factory reset..put all the receivers on 204 with a green light and i called skyvision for a hit,, the programming rep said that the receivers were ready for remapping, i'm getting through with the guide, and i'm getting a green light on some channels but the thing is i'm getting starz comedy on where bbc should be ch 201...i'm also getting starz kids znd family on some other channel where it should not be,,on the receivers that i subscribed to a starz package, these are the only 2 channels from the package i'm getting,,and they're in the wrong place...on another receiver i'm getting W.E. where sundance should be...i'm wondering maybe i did something wrong...under menu 6778,,the fine tune settings are left auto, auto, 1170.000...what should i do..i thought this would have been a simple procedure but i was wrong,,,could anyone throw me a line..under the status screen there's a line that says emm providers -- 4096, 4160,2 ,,,, and emm provider -- 4160.

The multiswitch just chooses the port that matches the receiver's output voltage (polarity)
+18v horizontal / +13v Vertical.

The switch senses the voltage on the coax line from the receiver and connects it to the proper port.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)