What the future may hold. The "supertuner","'groups".

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yep pretty much, if one ever came to existence. With the current technology it would need two lines ran to the receiver. If it still only had a 2TB drive that would be half the space of two 3-tuner Hoppers though, and you couldn't have two OTA tuners, just one. No money would be saved in monthly fees as the Joey is still $7. You would also lose PiP on the Joey TV with the 6-tuner Hopper + a Joey vs two Hoppers. As it currently stands, you can share tuners between Hoppers (including OTA) by simply recording them. The only feature that's really missing is the ability to set recordings between Hoppers. I just set up recurring recordings on the Hopper I'm not currently sitting at then I manage the Hopper I'm sitting at. Also, I have a Joey on WiFi that can manage all the Hoppers if needed. A sort-of "command station," if you will.

I personally like not having to worry about the other Hopper users in the house interrupting my Hooper and vice-versa. With a single six-tuner Hopper, could be more chances of folks fighting over tuners.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Now that sounds like a Satelliteguys setup,that's cool.:eek:;):D

Why would anyone need to record 8 things the same time? Most of the time I can only find one or two things I am interested in watching. All you are going to do is end up with terrabytes of crap you will never watch.

Why would anyone need to record 8 things the same time? Most of the time I can only find one or two things I am interested in watching. All you are going to do is end up with terrabytes of crap you will never watch.

8 things? Probably never! 4 or 5, all the time....

And, how much stuff do you have recorded that you have never had the time to go back and watch?

How many of those has the OP started? 80-90?

Over 9000.

People need to get over it though. Yeah OP posts a lot of threads, but most have obviously not been deemed as spam by the staff so basically if ya don't like it, simply don't post in his threads!

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

I defend my right to record terabytes of crap that I will never watch. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts