What the most sloppyist sport feeds that you ever seen?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

N5XZS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2005
Albuquerque, NM, USA
It could be FTA or your local stations and do please post it here for your story......:)

Here's why I think the worst was my local station, is KASY-DT that's does not how the find the back haul feeds from HI, few weeks ago for the UNM Lobos Vs HI, Rainbows and they killed the feed!!:eek:

I assume you mean sloppy as in broadcast issues or quality?

Your example is a great one. I was stoked to see the game (always love Hawaii games with Jim Leahy announcing) only to have it pulled 2 minutes before the half for the reason you posted

But I've seen plenty of bad quality games. Some you kinda know before the game starts you're in for one...especially those public access channel type ;)

I've seen a few college hockey games that were horrible. A few years ago there was a MN Duluth/Colorado College hockey game from Colorado Springs. The camera people you thought it was their first day on the job.
The "main" camera was so zoomed out the players looked like dots
main camera would be behind the puck
The side cameras couldnt follow the action

even the MN Duluth announcers said "we're sorry we cant tell you who has the puck because we're so high up in the pressbox and the camera folks arent helping us figure it out. We can assure you this is not the WDIO folks" (WDIO was the station that broadcast the game)

But too many games I've seen parts of that you just had to say "damn"

How about this one...

The camera man was so wrapped up into the game (High School or College) that he followed the game a bit too much and forgot to move the camera and everyone on the feed end saw an empty court at the other end, but heard shouts and the crowd going wild! But, they didn't have any clue why!

What a way to get wrapped up in your work, and get fired for it!

LOL

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts