What time Espn2 HD COMING ON??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am also very glad to see ESPN2-HD on DirecTV. We have to take what we can get. They may not have much HD content now, but some is still better than none. Right?

As far as TNT-HD. We've been asking for that for so long already. I've sent e-mails to DirecTV a few times. My guess is that we'll have to wait for MPEG4 to get any more HD channels. People thought after the NFL season last year that the bandwidth that was used for all the HD games would go towards a couple of new HD channels and that never happened. With MPEG4 around the corner, DirecTV probably figures why squeeze more into their already over-crowded bandwidth. I am however getting a little anxious for MPEG4 to start rolling out. I know it won't get to me for a while, but just like ESPN2-HD, it has to start somewhere.

-JustBob

cbearnm said:
I predicted this reaction, which will be the same when we get TNT-HD.
Other than sports, TNT-HD seems to have the same threads dedicated to it about the lack of HD programming.
The fact is that there is just not enough 'interesting' content in HD yet. It's the classic chicken and egg problem. Programmers aren't making the investment until there is enough of a base, subs aren't investing until there is enough programming. 12-18 months from now, we'll be starting to see real HD programming, from other than the major nets. Until then, we'll want what doesn't really exist.
That being said, I'm glad that we have EPSN2-HD and look forward to TNT-HD, but I'm keeping my expectations VERY low for both.

AMEN!

Peeps are constantly griping just to gripe! These guys have to start somewhere and people unfairly expect the programmers to hit the ground running with 24/7/365 HD programming and 1000 mobile HD truck facilities and HD cameras at every stinking event.

A lot of the reason we don't see more HD programming is because of the stupid CONTRACTUAL agreements affiliates and regional cable/RSNs hold on to like their last breath.

Just be patient, enjoy, and send a note thanking them for the addition. These things take time and MONEY; we can't expect them to sink every dime they earn, every years into HD just for the sake of adding it; it has to been done in a investor friendly manner or if not, then there would be no DirecTV.

Checking my receiver guide the first HD will be the Ok state vs Florida atlantic game at 5pm mdt...repeat at 1 am thur. mdt then at 6pm mdt Thursday Pittsburg at Ohio ...other than Sportscenters and Baseball tonights then the next HD will be Baseball Sunday at 6pm mdt Twins vs Indians...

ESPN2 HD is live on my reciever (actually was about 2 hours ago... will have to check out the game tonight)

I am starting to think that the posters on this site are more interested in quantity then quality. It's not how much...it's what. ESPN 1 and 2 will get there fair amount of games in HD on. At least they are getting some College Football on...unlike their daddy ABC which is totally dropping the ball and not having the Ohio State Texas National Game not being broadcast in HD on Saturday Night

cbearnm said:
I predicted this reaction, which will be the same when we get TNT-HD.
Other than sports, TNT-HD seems to have the same threads dedicated to it about the lack of HD programming.
The fact is that there is just not enough 'interesting' content in HD yet. It's the classic chicken and egg problem. Programmers aren't making the investment until there is enough of a base, subs aren't investing until there is enough programming. 12-18 months from now, we'll be starting to see real HD programming, from other than the major nets. Until then, we'll want what doesn't really exist.
That being said, I'm glad that we have EPSN2-HD and look forward to TNT-HD, but I'm keeping my expectations VERY low for both.

There is more than enough interesting content that can be shown in HD. ESPN may not own the rights to show it, but that doesn't mean it's not there. Anyone that watched WorldSport on Voom can attest to no lack of resources. When I can watch sports whose names I cannot pronounce in HD, there should be no excuse for the lack of football, etc. in HD. ESPN has too long complained about the lack of facilities to show more sports in HD. If the trucks aren't there, build them. This is why ESPN charges subscribers (indirectly), isn't it?

On the other hand, the argument about there being no need for ESPN2HD doesn't hold water. We are all aware that the majority of any 24-hour period on ESPN is filled by SD content. ESPN2 is there for exactly one reason: when there are two events that may be shown in HD, that is a possibility. If they took it to the next level, they have the capability to show two HD sporting events along with primetime programming on ABC simultaneously.

It is on here. I am glad to have it and anticipate what the OSU/FL Atlantic game will look like. Sports were meant to be seen in HD!

It will be nice this Fall (and winter with Basketball) to flip from one game in HD on ESPN to another on ESPN2 HD.

Is it me, or does the SD programming on ESPN2 HD look better than the SD programming on ESPN HD?

jrock21 said:
It is on here. I am glad to have it and anticipate what the OSU/FL Atlantic game will look like. Sports were meant to be seen in HD!

Before someone else screams it is the University of Ohio, in Athens OH, a member of the MAC that is playing. OSU is Ohio State University, they're playing Texas this Saturday.

Maybe in Football! But in overall sports OSU is Oklahoma State University and it was nice to watch them in HD tonight. Thanks Directv for giving us another option. Now ESPN2 please add more HD content!

This is also Ohio's first ESPN game at Peden

projectorsrule said:
Before someone else screams it is the University of Ohio, in Athens OH, a member of the MAC that is playing. OSU is Ohio State University, they're playing Texas this Saturday.

For those of you who haven't seen an Ohio home game, it's a small but attractive venue for a football game. I'm interested to see how it looks in HD on Friday. Good luck to all the Bobcat fans on the forum from a Marshall fan.

projectorsrule said:

What are you talking about? I wasn't talking about your Bobcats. Oklahoma State University (OSU) played Florida Atlantic tonight on ESPN2 HD, our first taste of ESPN2 HD on D*. Be not offended.

mutherfucker, it's on 119, the one satellite i can't pull in for some "only God knows why" reason --- 4 installers have been out, clear view, it says 100% signal 1/2 of the day, and 0% half of the day, it goes in and out for no reason. Either way - no espn2 for me :(

I had a similar problemn as fleetmack. Signal in the morning/nothing in the evening. It was the LNBs. I changed them and no problems since. Make sure you unplug the receivers before messing with the cables. The LNBs can short if you don't.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts