What to do next: receiver, LNB, Dish, what?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
OK, I am still not satisfied with my tinkering. So, I LOVE this motor! I want more though! I am trying to decide, should I get a better receiver than what I have? I would like a faster blind scan, and maybe a better remote. So, the Coolsat 5000 looks nice. But, I also have thought about a different LNB (is there any lnb that would give me better results than that KUL1 I have now?), And last, there is always a bigger dish. Now, winter is fast approaching, so I just wonder what I should do next? Any thoughts that you all have would be great! Please help me decide! I need model #'s and Ideas!

I have already decided, next spring I will move the setup and make the hole deeper, even if I need to use dynamite! I think at that time I will put up a 90cm dish.

Thanks for any thoughts!

I merged threads together with the same "what should I get" with the Coolsat & Invacom. MOst of the answers are there. No need for a new thread.

what to do? switch to decaf

Last edited:
you know its easy , just sit back and enjoy , make a new list, a lnb is a great choice a receiver is a good idea ( i like the CS5K) but the usb version turns your system into a pvr so that would be neat.....but i really know what your thinking. its put a hold on everything and look for a big dish ! I know one of those 6 footers will fit right there in that corner. you got rid of all the other dishes... now i know you thinking ---now i registered to win that one on the site --- well you know i'm going to win that one. so scouting trips looking for a big dish... that sounds like something to keep ya busy...

A big dish is out. Can't have one where I live :( My short list has a Coolsa 5000 or a Traxis 3500. But I probably should start watching tv again. Of course, my tinkering side says "you have all that extra gear lying around, use it". I wish i had friends....I would get them a setup :)

well move... i do have 2 coolsat 5K's , I could loan you one for a week or two
guess i can hand it to you at the Southern & MidWest Sat Guys meeting

i would like to reset one of the coolsats that i loaded older software onto accidently . i have e-mailed coolsat for the newer version.

most likely i will be adding a USB version to my group and selling my Brother-in-law one of the Coolsats.

we can plan on bringing all our extra gear to the Sat Guys meeting to trade :)

My new project

OK, now that I am all set up, I have a few projects I want to do. I still would like to play with my Primestar, and maybe go for 30w, 58w (for Cuba Vision) and such. But, with winter fast approaching, here is what I want to do:

I want to start watching tv! Yes, that's right! So, I am going to do some blind scanning, and will post results in the WUT. But now my question....I like my Fortec Lifetime Classic NA, but I wonder if there might be a better receiver out there?

I have narrowed it down (from the reviews on here) to the Traxis 3500 or the Coolsat 5000. I would like something that scans faster than the Fortec. So, opionions on these 2 receivers? They are the same price, so I need help deciding! THanks for your input!

I have a Coolsat 5000 and it's fast, at least faster than my Pansat 3500s. But, I prefer the Pansat over the Coolsat. Don't really know why, I just do. Sometimes I scan with both, but not often.

Al

Thanks for the comment! I hope to focus on one satellite a night, and then post my findings in the WUT section. I have not decided if I will pick a satellite and stay on it for a few days or a week at a time, or change daily. I then will post my findings "upstairs" :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Upper, Lower Vertical and Horizontal

TwinHan 102g w/ DishNetwork

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts