What to do with Extra Hopper With Sling?

superM

Original poster
May 20, 2013
United States
I have a two hopper with sling two joey setup. I own one of the HWS.

I read that Dish (from a email via the CTO) will eventually allow multi Hopper 3 installs with the upcoming DPH42 switch.

I plan to upgrade to Hopper 3 since one of my leased HWS died. What do I do with the purchased one? Are you allowed to sell?

Is it absolutely certain that they won't allow a HWS (with a multi-dish, on a separate switch) on the same account as a Hopper 3?

The main reason I want to have it is that we sometimes have multiple remote streams.

I have a two hopper with sling two joey setup. I own one of the HWS.

I read that Dish (from a email via the CTO) will eventually allow multi Hopper 3 installs with the upcoming DPH42 switch.

I plan to upgrade to Hopper 3 since one of my leased HWS died. What do I do with the purchased one? Are you allowed to sell?

Is it absolutely certain that they won't allow a HWS (with a multi-dish, on a separate switch) on the same account as a Hopper 3?

The main reason I want to have it is that we sometimes have multiple remote streams.

You can sell it if you wish. I'm not sure if they will allow it with a Hopper 3 in the future or not.

a somewhat unrelated, yet related question: I have the original Hopper with the external sling device to stream Dish Anywhere.

Obviously, they take the old Hopper box away. Will they take the sling device - and if they don't, is it usable with anything other than a Dish receiver?
Wondering if I can use it to have the ability to watch 2 Dish Anywhere streams coming from my house and H3.

a somewhat unrelated, yet related question: I have the original Hopper with the external sling device to stream Dish Anywhere.

Obviously, they take the old Hopper box away. Will they take the sling device - and if they don't, is it usable with anything other than a Dish receiver?
Wondering if I can use it to have the ability to watch 2 Dish Anywhere streams coming from my house and H3.

It's yours so you should keep it. It's worthless in your home but you can sell it or give it to a friend. It will not work with the Hopper 3.

The Sling device is purchased, so you own it. It will only work with a 722 or H1. Mike's been sitting in a box for years. You could eBay it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)