What to do with old Sky Angel/Dish system?

pomernman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 6, 2008
When Sky Angel went to IPTV that left me with a receiver and dish I have no use for. I'm probably going to FTA/G*. What can I do with my old Sky Angel/Dish stuff? Is it worth anything? Possible garage sale stuff? Or do I just trash it? Thanks for any help!

For one thing the dish is already down preparing for FTA/G*.

Model of receiver? There is nothing but dish and philips on the front. The card has dish 500 on it. On the back there are at least 6 different sets of numbers. I think the main number is DSK3261D. There is also the philips serial #. FCC ID: #. CAID #.

I also have a DishPro Adaptor connecter that the installer used.

If you're thinking of giving the equipment to someone that wants to sign up for Dish Network programming, here's what dish network told me about that:

Thank you for your email. You can give your Receiver and Smartcard to someone who wants to sign up for Dish Network programming. All the charges will be posted to the new account (if someone will use the receiver and smartcard). We apologize for any inconvenience this situation may have caused you.

Your business is greatly appreciated and we thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to www.dishnetwork.com or reply to this email.

Sincerely,

Linda B.

DISH Network eCare

Pine Brook

For one thing the dish is already down preparing for FTA/G*.
I see...good idea :)

Model of receiver? There is nothing but dish and philips on the front. The card has dish 500 on it. On the back there are at least 6 different sets of numbers. I think the main number is DSK3261D. There is also the philips serial #. FCC ID: #. CAID #.

ok so its an older model (based on the Phillips name on it). You could sell it but the older models are harder to sell than some of the newer ones.

Its up to you what you want to do with it

Good Morning Iceberg! How is it in the Great White North, eh? I'm an ex-Michigander transplanted to the South.

Is it worth anything? Should I just trash it? Or maybe try to sell $5-$10? How about the satellite?

This being the 4th weekend I'm tempted to say blow it up but someone might get harmed by the flying fragments.

I'd say put it on eBay or donate it to charity. As for the antenna you can hold on to that for your FTA setup.

One good thing is that if you have trouble setting up your Ku dish you can at least use the signal from your Dish antenna pointed at 119 to see if you at least have a working receiver and to play around with it. I have yet to get my KU antenna working but I at least have a few channels to watch.

Well I did put it back up at 119 and reconnected everything. But the trees were in the way so I had to rig a pole (pvc pipe) onto our wooden fence.

Guess what? I got it working! I had everything packed away in the garage and bought a compass. It really wasn't that bad. I was really concerned if I had the dish connected to the outside of the house and the receiver connected right.

I got tired of waiting for G* and thought I'd put it to good use (even though it's only 2 stations).

Thanks for the suggestions!

On my 811 which I mainly use for a OTA tuner I have just 119 so its nice to see NASA and Angel One

Does Angel One have enough programming not on Glorystar to be worth the hassle of re-installing the Dish? I say re-install because Glorystar needed the old location, there just happened to be a gap in the trees that would work. For 119 I would have to go back to where I started with Sky Angel back in '97. I never saw that much of interest on NASA.

I'd say no.

As for the tree gap I hope that's not something that could "grow into a future problem" for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)