what to do with unused outputs on Triple LNB multiswitch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

diitto

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
Hi... I am building my own system and intend to only use three of the four outputs from the multiswitch on a Phase III antenna... I do intend, however, to run cables from all four outputs to the place where I will set up my grounding blocks, where the cables enter the house from the dish... What needs to happens to unused outputs??? Do they need to be terminated in 75 ohms?? Left open?? If left open, does it matter that an unused output has say 20 feet of RG6 cable hanging on it before it comes to an open at the grounding block??? Bottom line is what needs to be done with unused outputs so that the used outputs don't suffer any signal problems??? thanks... diitto...

Claude Greiner said:
Doesn't matter, leave them open!

If you want you can run them down to a ground block for easy connection in the future :)

yep... you can add some silicone or a rubber sealant over the unused end to help protect it for future use but you dont have to.

got it.. thanks...

Much appreciated... thanks for the help... diitto..

ShadowEKU said:
yep... you can add some silicone or a rubber sealant over the unused end to help protect it for future use but you dont have to.

It would be better if he ran the 4th line to his ground block and terminated it.

Silicon doesn't stop RF leak.

grydlok said:
It would be better if he ran the 4th line to his ground block and terminated it.

Silicon doesn't stop RF leak.

uhm... thats what i meant. but you really dont need to worry about rf leak on an unpowered line.

Status
Please reply by conversation.