What to look for a wide band corotor feed horn

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gicheha1

Original poster
Jun 20, 2017
Kenya
Hello guys , i need help here, how can i differentiate co-rotor II plus wide band and a co-rotor II plus, i just purchased on eBay a feed horn , the one i received has a patent N# 4414516 and no part no# . my intention was to have a wide band feed horn that can be used in Kenya. see the Photos bellow and advice me

Attachments

• WP_20170620_10_32_32_Rich_LI.jpg
    WP_20170620_10_32_32_Rich_LI.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 261
  • WP_20170620_10_33_11_Rich_LI.jpg
    WP_20170620_10_33_11_Rich_LI.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 233
  • WP_20170620_10_34_08_Rich_LI.jpg
    WP_20170620_10_34_08_Rich_LI.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 239
  • WP_20170620_10_35_53_Rich_LI.jpg
    WP_20170620_10_35_53_Rich_LI.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 234
I'm not a real expert on those wide-band feeds. But it seems to me the big difference was the wide-band model was set up for circular polarized C-Band signals like the one you pictured. Ku is Linear. I see the Dielectric slab in the feed for circular signals on C-Band. That doesn't affect Ku band. But you cannot receive linear C-Band with that feed. There are examples of feeds extremely modified to do both circular and linear signals by some of the members here.
:welcome to the forum Gicheha1

Thanks for headsup, i was initially looking for a feed horn for frequecy 3.4-42 and 10.6-1275 , C/KU. Initial querry was whether i have the wright feed .

The frequency range will depend on what LNBs you put on the feed-horn. The polarity of the signals you want will determine if this feed will work. Like I said previously the feed you have will work for CIRCULAR ( Left & Right) c-band polarity but not LINEAR ( Vertical & Horizontal)polarity signals in the 3.4 to 4.2 frequency range.

The frequency range will depend on what LNBs you put on the feed-horn. The polarity of the signals you want will determine if this feed will work. Like I said previously the feed you have will work for CIRCULAR ( Left & Right) c-band polarity but not LINEAR ( Vertical & Horizontal)polarity signals in the 3.4 to 4.2 frequency range.

That is gud infor, appreciated, Am gonna go ahead and find the c/ku wideband lnbs

Looking at the photos you have the Co-Rotor II plus wide band.

You will be able to receive Satellites that broadcast there signal on circular and linear polarity

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)