What type of LNB is this?

It does have 4 outputs but it is a legacy switch. It will work for Bell but not with any DP & DPP switches. You cannot hook it up to your DPP44 switch and get it to work.

It does have 4 outputs but it is a legacy switch. It will work for Bell but not with any DP & DPP switches. You cannot hook it up to your DPP44 switch and get it to work.

is this a new type of lnb? i have never seen this before....is it likely to be currently installed on a bell system? i have a customer wanting to hook up more receivers, i just took a very quick look at his dish and from a quick glance it looked like a dish pro twin, he already has 2 cables going into the basement so i have ordered him a DPP44 switch to put in the basement, now im a bit concerned that his LNB could be this quad type, i guess the only way to verify is to remove the LNB from the dish and see how many outputs it has? i am trying not to make myself look like an A$$ infront of this customer

The DPP Quad you can get from Bell can be yes. The Legacy Quad you posted cannot. You can use DPP separators off of your DPP44 switch so you will be fine using the LNB I posted.

I'm trying to figure out what his current LNB is, he has two lines running into the house, one goes to a dual tuner with a seperator, the other line goes to a single tuner receiver,

Is it safe to say because there is a seperator currently installed the the LNB must be a dp twin dual output? Or could it still be the quad output?

With the new information: Unless it is a recent install by a Bell service tech (the past 2 months is when Bell first released the DPP Quad) he has to have a DPP Twin.

Last edited:
With the new information: Unless it is a recent install by a Bell service tech (the past 2 months is when Bell first released the DPP Quad) he has to have a DPP Twin.

okay so assuming his LNB is a DPP Twin, that means i can use a DPP44 switch and seperators?

okay im starting to understand....lol

one more thing i cant seem to find info about....

are there TWO DIFFERENT types of "twin" LNBs or just one?

i mean is there a "dish pro twin LNB" AND a "dish pro plus twin LNB"?? or are they the same? or different?

if they are different will they BOTH work with a DPP44 switch and seperators?

The posted link to quad is very suspicious.

The picture looks altered. Showing "plus"

From desc. it's a legacy. As in post two.

Won't work with DPP 44 or separators.

At least 3 kinds of twin.
Legacy, DP, and DPP.

DP and DPP can feed DPP-44 switch.

Only DPP can feed separator

Okay I think the mystery is solved then, this guy already has a seperator at one of his receivers, so that must mean he has a DPP, is that correct?

Mikey11 said:
Okay I think the mystery is solved then, this guy already has a seperator at one of his receivers, so that must mean he has a DPP, is that correct?

Yes!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)