what type of sat dish do i need

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I would guess you need the 75e dish. You could probably get away with the standard 60e dish, but you may have issues with rain fade. If you call shaw direct and sign up for the home away from home, they will send it to you. otherwise, you should be able to find one on internet auction sites. you may have to do the install yourself, too.

Last edited:
There is no longer a home away from home plan, although it has been grandfathered for for those who already had it. Check what kind of dish you have at home (quad or stacked) and stick with the same type of lnb so you do not have to call them to switch it.

Satboyz

SatboyZ, I think the HAFH progam is still available, just not publicized. From what I hear it went up from $49.99 to $99.99. Just call Shaw Direct up and ask if they still offer it.

QCK you are correct...

I went back and they had re-instated it after initially cancelling it because of complaints from Rogers and Xpuke (compressvu). I just went to a local dealer (not a box store) and bought a dish for $65. I did not have to wait for it and installed it that afternoon.

Take Care

Steve

Same type of LNB?

There is no longer a home away from home plan, although it has been grandfathered for for those who already had it. Check what kind of dish you have at home (quad or stacked) and stick with the same type of lnb so you do not have to call them to switch it.

Satboyz

Hey Satboyz,

when you say stick with the same LNB style, will it not work with two different types? I have quad LNB at my home in Canada, but am planning to install a dual lnb eliptical dish at my condo in California. Will this be a problem?

Thank you!

Last edited:
The difference is between a stacked and unstacked LNB setup. Satboyz is correct, it is much easier to keep the same LNB type so you do not have to call Shaw Direct each time to change your v-code to match your LNB type.

I have been thinking about this for along time...

we need a sticky about All the different types of lnbs/switches. This would help answer alot of different questions. Mods??

Anyways to answer your question - the quad lnb has 4 independent outputs while the dual lnb setup "stacks" both outputs on top of one another by frequency. This is a huge advantage for MATV operators as once they are combined all that is needed is a high frequency splitter to add more receviers. You can not set the changes for the different lnbs in the receiver yourself - only Shaw D. can do it by phone. Hence the reason I suggested sticking with the same type.

P.S. I have alot of questions about how the SW/DP series of switches work which is why I wanted a sticky.

Satboyz

Thanks!

Thanks for the info. I just went out and bought a used quad lnb so that I don't have to switch. This way it will work at both locations at the same time. Thanks for the info and support everyone, it is greatly appreciated!

luvnlife, make sure you have the right quad for the right dish. The focal angle is slightly different for the 60E dish's quad compared to the 75E dish's quad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts