Star Choice NFL ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

clapple

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Nov 26, 2004
Palm derset, Ca.
Does anyone know if NFL Sunday Ticket will be HD this year, on Star Choice? How can I find out? Their web site doesn't say. Don't want to make the same mistake I made last year.

as of right now nobody knows. But I think only some of the games will be in HD. The ones fro CBS Detroit, Fox Rochester, CBS/Fox Seattle and TSN

I seriously doubt the NFL Sunday Ticket will be available on Shaw Direct until they expand their satellite capacity. IMO don't count on it for this year.

There may be room for SD but I doubt they will take up that space for NFL ST. They still want to add new channels and will need the room for those until first of the new satellites gets into production. Every year you read people requesting it and they are always told that there is not enough demand for them to sell NFL ST. I guess if demand drasticaly changed they could come out with an SD version but odds are not good for this to happen. I just changed my programming today and the CSR said they will be coming out with come new childrens channels next but did not say what they were. Shoot, we can't even get "the Score" in HD.

also noticed come June 1 TP10 on F1 is stripped clean. Spokane TV moving to TP15 and audio moving somewhere else

saw they are moving golf HD to TP10 from F2...also noticved that with a F1 only setup there are 2 HD channels on TP13
SNET East
CTV East

so maybe they are going to use TP10 for HD? There are some transponders that only have 4 or 5 channels on them (TP3 has Court TV and the 4 Sportsnets) so there is room for new SD channels

as of right now nobody knows. But I think only some of the games will be in HD. The ones fro CBS Detroit, Fox Rochester, CBS/Fox Seattle and TSN

also: CFTO-HD (293) at 1pm ET and the SportsNets (260-263) at 4pm ET and RDS-HD (240).

in a related topic, SportsNet will be showing the NFL Network Thursday and Saturday games this season

Losing FOX Detroit takes away 1 potential (SD) game that we could have watched this fall.

My personal opinion: unless you are a fan of a particular team or a gambler, there are plenty of games available to watch on Sundays without Sunday Ticket.

The new programming guide shows NFL Sunday Ticket and/or NHL Centre Ice for $29.99/month. No mention of NFL in HD, only Hockey shows that there will be games in HD.

Attachments

• programming_guide_07_22_2009_e.pdf
    4.2 MB · Views: 190
So if I order both NHLCI and NFLST I'm looking at Sept 2009 through May 2010. $29.99 for nine months is $269.91.

If I cancel after a couple of months, I still owe for the rest of the months until the end of Round 2 of the NHL playoffs, correct?

Last year I thought it was like 200 bucks for both...only NFL ST was 25 bucks a month

Reason they do that (monthly) is Rogers cable does the same thing...they bill it per month so it doesn't kill ya $$ wise one month

If I cancel after a couple of months, I still owe for the rest of the months until the end of Round 2 of the NHL playoffs, correct?

That's correct. You have to pay thoughout the season once you start so there is no point in canceling.

I'd rather pay the total upfront and get a lower total price. I'd also feel a lot better if they used the NHLHD channels on Sunday for football but it looks like that is something Shaw Direct does not want to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)