Star Choice NFL ?

(I'd rather pay the total upfront and get a lower total price.)

Can you pay it all upfront?

So we you can make a one time payment but there is no savings on the doing so, I sent this request to "Ask Jim" here is their answer:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us! The price of our NFL Sunday ticket/NHL Center Ice package is a set price that is decided by the broadcaster with the service provider, which is Shaw Direct. You may make a one-time payment for the price of the full season, however, we will not be able to lower the price of the package at this time.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. Please include any previous correspondence with your replies.

Thank you for choosing Shaw Direct & have a great day,
Karen C.
on behalf of Jim Cummins

You can subscribe to either one but it is the same price/month. The difference would be if you only had football the term would be shorter as it would end in January. If you only want hockey you might as well subscribe to both once hockey starts up as the NFL Sunday Ticket will not cost any extra.

Last edited:
I ordered the Sunday Ticket/Crentre Ice combo online, it looks like just doing that costs $2.00.:rant:
Add Centre Ice/Sunday Ticket Combo GST/PST 07-Aug-09 to 14-Sep-09 2.00

It looks like a programming price increase is being applied in September ($3.00/month for me). !protest
Programming Price Change (Prorated) GST/PST 01-Sep-09 to 14-Sep-09 1.35

Given what DirecTV charges for Sunday Ticket, it's a little surprising to see that after buying Centre Ice I could get the NFL:ST subscription for $15 CAD.

It almost makes me wish I was a football fan.

The big downside to Shaw Direct's NFLST is the lack of HD channels. No doubt it's pretty much a no brainer going for the combo deal if you are planning to get Centre Ice. I agree DirectTV's NFLST is very expensive.

Someone posted on another forum that channel 267 just got renamed to NFLHD2, so maybe there will be a couple more HD games this season.

Regardless, I think I'll be one of the dozen or so people not spending the extra $15 for the combo. An addiction to one sport (hockey) is all I can really maintain.

I'm actually looking forward to this year because I will have more HD football between Shaw & OTA :)

CBS Detroit
CBS Seattle
Fox Rochester
Fox Seattle
Fox Local (Vikes)
CBS Local
NBC local
TSN for MNF & TNF

Yup, and it is only another $15.00 if you are already getting NHLCI. :up

Now if only they would use the 6 NHLCI HD channels on Sunday afternoon for NFLST. Ahh we can only dream of the day... :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)