What types of modulations can the microHD demodulate?

qwert1515

SatelliteGuys TheList
Original poster
Sep 26, 2005
Los Angeles CA
SatelliteAV mentioned that the microHD can demodulate:
QPSK, 8PSK, H8PSK, 16APSK, 32APSK and 64APSK.

Can the microHD demodulate "H" or "PSK" for any of the higher order modulations?
Example: H16PSK... or 16PSK...

When blind scanning I have come across two feeds with a modulation listed as "HBCD" and a FEC of 1/4, what modulation is this?

Thanks.

Last edited:
SatelliteAV mentioned that the microHD can demodulate:
QPSK, 8PSK, H8PSK, 16APSK, 32APSK and 64APSK.

Can the microHD demodulate "H" or "PSK" for any of the higher order modulations?

Thanks.

from the blind scans I"ve done so far in a day of playing with the receiver, I know it can do QPSK and 8PSK and 16APSK modulations, but in the DVB-S2 signal usages, only the constant coding type. I haven't found a H8PSK or other H types yet in my blind scans.

I also haven't found any HBDC signals yet, let alone heard about those so I'll have to do my homework on what HBDC is.

When blind scanning I have come across two feeds with a modulation listed as "HBCD" and a FEC of 1/4, what modulation is this?

the only time I see that is if I hit the info button to bring up the "big info" screen and it hasnt locked the signal yet

Please try Telstar14R,some western europe feedhunters have catched from the us/eu
beam some apsk16/32 signals.
It looks likes the sporadic signals are adressed to NA.
Sometimes the signals are fta and they contain different
europe tv programmes.
But they always use ACM/VCM modulation coding!
Catched freq:
11468 H
11662 H
A pure ACM signal in contionous stream mode ,was found at:
11687 H

Please try Telstar14R
(...)
But they always use ACM/VCM modulation coding!

I won't be able to check as T14R is behind a tree, but I'd say it's unlikely the microHD would lock onto those signals as it won't lock onto data signals in the North American arc using ACM/VCM modulation coding. If one wants those acm/vcm video signals bad enough, they _might_ just have to invest in an awesome TBS PCI-E computer card.

I'd like to be wrong or surprised about the microHD and video-type acm/vcm signals, tho!

Sorry, Brian, I have a go-back on this one. I scanned some feeds on 103W yesterday. Didn't notice the parameters at the time, but when I looked at them later, the feeds were gone and the info screen showed (HBCD). I've reconfirmed that now that I'm back home. I'm doing a detailed blind scan now to see if I pick up anything new.

Edit: nothing active right now showing HBCD.
_
Neil

Last edited:
Be surprised!;)
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...osatpro-microhd-receiver-100.html#post2830097
So,for those signals,users have to wait for an enhanced firmware,which Brian announce for a later date.

we'll have to wait and see. brian was specific about VCM in the commercial rackmount unit, doesn't seem clear about the consumer microhd whether or not vcm will be added in future firmware.

as of right now, not supported and that's verified by the VCM/ACM signals I've tried so far.

We had previously confirmed that the chipset is capable of ACM/VCM, but we have not activated or developed. No reason that VCM feature would be confined to the rack version and not available on the microHD. Of course, ACM cannot be supported as this method requires 2-way communication to negotiate the parameters between the receiver and the encoder.

ACM cannot be supported as this method requires 2-way communication to negotiate the parameters between the receiver and the encoder.
Yes,but it s not needed.
In this case you should not choose ,the "full-implementation" way.
Pc-cards like TBS 6925 or Omicom,can receive ACM signals without negotiating.

Sorry, Brian, I have a go-back on this one. I scanned some feeds on 103W yesterday. Didn't notice the parameters at the time, but when I looked at them later, the feeds were gone and the info screen showed (HBCD).

Do you think that would change anything, the feed being gone?

Here's a news feed from tonight,

hbcd.jpg

The feed died but froze the last frame, the info screen still pops up. (It's actually 87W, I put horizontal on 89W. )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts