What Verizon Fios Should Do

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tvwatchingdude

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2007
Seeing as this website is mainly for fta satellite people, I have an idea that would defenitley help FIOS gain even more subscribers. If your an FTA person like me, you know how annoying it is to switch between inputs to watch cable and then watch your free satellite tv. There must be millions of FTA people all over the country. If Fios realeased a set top box that accepted both a FIOS input and an FTA input, and allowed you to combine all the channels, so all you would need is one remote control. COULD YOU imagine all the people with FTA dishes all over the country would switch to FIOS, and Fios would gain a niche community which would help it make a profit. And us FTA folks would be happy. I heard Fios lets you move channels where you like. Imagine being able to add your FTA channels to that. Then you could have CNN on channel 1 and Russia Today from (97w.) on channel 2. One remote, one box, No Problems. It would be a dream come true to have an all in one solution and i think Verizon is the company capable to do it. And when your friends come over they would be jealous of all the channels you have!

You'll hear no argument from me...of course, you'll probably see this after they launch set-top-boxes with an OTA input, which will be never. The way I see it, Verizon has two major problems with FiOS:

1. It's expensive...and digging up the country is a slow, painful process.
2. They are only in 28 states, have a large footprint in about 14, and have FiOS TV franchise agreements in even less.

I love FiOS, but unless they buy Cable assets (like Charter) and venture into new markets, I see their FiOS TV numbers topping out at around 6-7 million customers. I personally feel that Verizon should buy Charter and extend their footprint after they complete their major build-out. FiOS TV has been voted the #1 TV provider in America, and Verizon Wireless is also the #1 mobile phone company is America...they must be doing something right.

1) ARE there "millions" of FTA users in the USA? I kinda doubt it.
2) As posted, very few people can get Fios, and that ain't gonna change anytime soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts