What was VOOM's original pricing structure?

DRAKO

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 30, 2004
VA
Could you please tell me what was the original pricing structure for voom?

Basic: ???
VaVaVoom: ???
Premium: ???

I cant remember if it was 34.95 for basic and 11.95 for premium.. I'm asking because im currently being charged

39.90 Basic Service
14.90 HBO

did I get grandfathered (since I got onboard before the increase) or I'm I being charged the new higher price?

Bend over and take it was the original structure. Just Kidding!

If I recall correctly it was $799 for the receiver and install. 35.99 for the basic and 75.99 for the VaVaVoom. I had considered early adoption, but since I didn't this is my best guess. I am sure a Voom "old salt" can hit it dead nuts.

Yes, that's what it used to be during the promotional period, as far as I remember:
39.90 Basic Service
14.90 HBO

a Voom "old salt" can hit it dead nuts

slacker9876 said:
Bend over and take it was the original structure. Just Kidding!

If I recall correctly it was $799 for the receiver and install. 35.99 for the basic and 75.99 for the VaVaVoom. I had considered early adoption, but since I didn't this is my best guess. I am sure a Voom "old salt" can hit it dead nuts.
This "old salt" paid SEARS $49 for a brochure (Voom Kit), then bought my STB for $742. Then recieved a $300 credit, which started evaporating @ $14.90 + tax for Playboy for one month (+ a couple of weeks), then dropped Playboy when freeview ended and it took till August to evaporate the rest. Now, VaVaVooming @ 79.90 + tax. Hoping the tax ends with next statement + credit.

DRAKO said:
did I get grandfathered (since I got onboard before the increase) or I'm I being charged the new higher price?

You got grandfathered correctly. The plus paks are now up to 20 bucks apiece!! If you have an account at www.voom.com, you can see the grandfather comment in your account summary. The prices are guaranteed to stay the same through the end of the year, but after that--who knows? One thing seems certain, and that is that the price is bound to go up, but of course--we have no information on proposed price increases.

I ordered in December 2003 and got installed 1/2/2004. All programming was free until April and I got the $300 credit for purchasing the STB/antenna/dish/installation for $799. In April, the $300 credit started to vanish at 79.90 + tax per month for VVV. Basic was 39.90 and each plus pak was 14.90.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts