What will CBS Cancel this year

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
I think that Hostages and HIMYM were never intended for another season. Besides those two being gone I see Intelligence , The Mentalist , Two and a Half Men and either Mom or The Crazy Ones biting the dust. Perhaps a delayed opening for another sitcom lor two ike Mike and molly had this year.

Does anyone have abetter crystal ball?

Yep Hostages was just a miniseries whatever 13 episodes or something like that they were able to burn them all despite the shameful ratings.
I also have the hunch that Mentalist won´t live to see another season.

Positive for 2015 appearance: Blue Bloods, Hawaii Five-0, CSI, Elementary, Person Of Interest, NCIS: Los Angeles, The Big Bang Theory, NCIS, Criminal Minds, Mike & Molly, 2 Broke Girls, The Millers
Hanging in the balance but hopefully can find its way: Intelligence, Mom, The Good Wife
Hanging in the balance but will probably fall than live: Two and a Half Men, The Mentalist, The Crazy Ones
No way on God's Green Earth or have already been called upon: Hostages, How I Met Your Mother

I don't care about the comedies. Just the dramas :) Except for Hostages, Mentalist, and Good Wife.

I think that Hostages and HIMYM were never intended for another season. Besides those two being gone I see Intelligence , The Mentalist , Two and a Half Men and either Mom or The Crazy Ones biting the dust. Perhaps a delayed opening for another sitcom lor two ike Mike and molly had this year.

Does anyone have abetter crystal ball?
:D

With HIMYM ending, they only need to cancel 1 comedy. It will either be 2 1/2 Men or The Crazy Ones. Toss up. I'd rather see The Crazy Ones gone. Mom is very solid on Mondays and holds its viewership with the rest of the block. I do not see it going away. I actually like it. As for Dramas, Intelligence and Hostages I don't think were ever going to make it, so there's one hour. I see both Mentalist and Good Wife going with a whole new Sunday block (or placeholder for Thursday Football). Everything else is staying.

S~

With HIMYM ending, they only need to cancel 1 comedy. It will either be 2 1/2 Men or The Crazy Ones. Toss up.
I think it will be 2 1/2 men. Much more costly, and is on the downswing. Crazy Ones is cheaper, and comedies are easy to catch on even past the first season.

Not sure. I think the time switch was to strengthen 2 1/2 Men. I think CBS is giving up on The Crazy Ones. I know I did.

S~

I´d add Intelligence also for cancellation, ratings for last night continue to indicate it is no competition in that timeslot (behind NBC´S Blacklist and ABC´s Castle).

After checking ratings for last 2 weeks after the Olympics, the ratings for Intelligence are very low, so I think that show´s absolutely doomed for cancellation.

That is/was a one-hour block shared with Hostages. That hour will be free for programming next year. No way were they going to renew it. Both shows just played out to the end of their canned episodes.

S~

well they have not said those are cancelled yet. but it does not look good.

well they have not said those are cancelled yet. but it does not look good.
Yeah, but not a lot of slots left. If all their pilots are awful, maybe, but it's not something I'm going to count on.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Don't hold your breath. Intelligence will be gone. Hope Crazy Ones goes, too. Dropped it. Mentalist is horrid with the new format after RJ. I knew Mom would be renewed. I am shocked Good Wife was renewed. I feel it has run its course, also.

S~

I LOVE Good Wife. Intelligence and Crazy Ones and Mentalist can all go. I have tried to watch Crazy Ones ,but gave up on it last week. It is really silly and all they have is the crazy rantings of Robin Williams as their draw. All the other characters all try to be as fast and crazy talking like Robin . It is nothing but chatter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)