What will Dish look like a Year from Now.

Ditto that and add Communication Workers of America as the installers.:):):)
Now that will never happen in Ergens life time, he goes to great legal lengths to keep the union out of his shops, thats why theres only been two shops that have went union and one shop is down to 2 techs.

Notice that I haven't mentioned the 86.5 W slot. Dish will eventually either abandon it or perhaps use it for a Mexican service because of the interference problems with the two Canadian DBS slots at 82 and 91 W. Dish instead will develop its reverse DBS slots in 2009.

I thought it was determined that there would be no problems provided the Canadians did not want to do a triple LNB dish using those 2 plus another slot, which is why the slot was granted.

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-06-2440A1.pdf

I would hope pub members don't speak too freely about pub topics here.

Dish has reverse DBS licenses? I didn't know the FCC had done an auction on that band.

I thought it was determined that there would be no problems provided the Canadians did not want to do a triple LNB dish using those 2 plus another slot, which is why the slot was granted.

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-06-2440A1.pdf

I believe that the FCC granted the license on the condition that Dish work with TeleSat on an agreement so there wouldn't be an interference problem. In addition, the third slot you are talking about is 72.5 W that DirecTV uses but will only have access to for another year or two. I then think TeleSat takes over that slot and then the interference problem would come into play. I believe the FCC has the same provisions on Dish's use of the 77 W slot in the U.S.

In regards to the reverse DBS licenses, there will not be an auction. The FCC has already taken action on these. Dish applied for licenses for 5 slots as did DirecTV. There were other companies as well but I don't think there were any conflicts with the slots Dish wanted.

I would hope pub members don't speak too freely about pub topics here.

Dish has reverse DBS licenses? I didn't know the FCC had done an auction on that band.
Pub topics generaly stay pub specific for a few days when Scott asks, if he wants to to stay pub specific for longer then he asks that it go that way as well.

Ditto that and add Communication Workers of America as the installers.:):):)
That'll be the day..
To be honest, as much as I dislike unions, a membership to the CWA for all installers is just what this industry needs.
Both satcos are piling as much BS on the techs as they can while pay rates are held stagnant and in some areas, reduced.
Safety is thrown to the wind in then ame of making numbers.
Guess we'll see what happens.
I won't hold my breath.

Now that will never happen in Ergens life time, he goes to great legal lengths to keep the union out of his shops, thats why theres only been two shops that have went union and one shop is down to 2 techs.
If AT&T comes thru ,Charlie won't have a choice but to comply with federal labor law and allow the workers to decide for themselves whether or not to organize.

I thought good old charlie was a staunch democrat! I bet Hillary has no problem accepting his money.
Wealthy libs are only liberal to the extent their elitism allows them. Liberal elites like to project the illusion they care about the little guy. But if that caring effects the bottom line or their multiple country club memberships, all bets are off. They become staunch pro-business, anti-labor fiscal conservatives.