What will happen???

Dah-Henny

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 12, 2007
Boone, North Carolina
Hey folks. I deactivated my dp322 today and added a second vip222 to my account. I bought it from a guy in a neighboring DMA. The guy stated that he had never activated it, but when I hooked it up to my system, ALL of the channels were in the clear, including his local DMA (I live in the Charlotte market, he is in the Asheville market).

I was worried that the receiver would have an existing account attached to it, but the CSR said that it was clean, and had no trouble activating it on my acct.

The thing is: I now have (on this receiver only) the AEP package, including Charlotte AND Asheville locals. I subscribe to AT200 & HD Ultimate, btw. I did a power button reboot to no avail.

What happens now? Will E* fix this on their own? Will I receive 2 lil's indefinitely?

Well, I tried on Monday to get the receiver to be reauthorized. The broken english speaking person told me to enjoy my free preview. Grrr.

Today I spent 30 minutes on the phone with a tech who seemed to be knowledgeable. Did all of the standard fare. Finally, he said he would send a reauthorization from his end, and would be fixed within 15 minutes...NOT!!!! I guess I didn't realise that the defination"his end" was literal. :) This is not an issue of "just enjoy the preview", for my own reasons.

I just don't understand why they can't do a re-hit on the receiver with the proper programming.

Last edited:
yeah I wouldn't worry about it. When I got a receiver from Ebay I had at the time Dish 120 (I guess its called 200 now), Minneapolis locals & a few distants (this is when Dish could sell them)

added the box and got Dish 150, Minneapolis locals, my distants and the locals the person had before me (NY)...about a month later it fixed itself

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)