What will it take for TNA to be successful?

Tvfan24/7

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I'm just curious as to what everyone thinks that TNA needs to do to become successful? Right now they're only getting a 0.9 in the ratings, which is actually lower than what they were getting before Hogan/Bischoff came in. Many people think that Vince Russo should be ousted and replaced by a new creative team. Others think that they should pander to the "PG" crowd, who watches WWE, but doesn't like the edgier content that TNA has. Some even bring up moving out of the "Impact Zone" in Orlando.

Three things:
1) More house shows (Take TNA on the road ala RAW).
2) More compelling storylines. Eliminate the obviously scripted vignettes.
3) More youth. Less actual ring time for Hogan, Flair, Nash, Sting et al. These once great stars are way past their prime and it shows!

I agree
1. House shows they kinda do but they're so random
2. Get rid of the stupid Russo storylines...Abyss was hit by a car who did it? and crap like that
3. AGREE 100%...This is WCW 1999-2001 again

Tommy Dreamer appeared at the PPV last night. I smell a "ECW" invasion, though what will they call themselves since they cant use "ECW"

yeah I heard he showed up.....but what will it do story wise?
Knowing TNA it will be something stupid

Why doesnt TNA actually utilize their existing base of younger guys instead of throwing these old guys (Flair, Sting, Hogan, Nash, Last Call Scott Hall) in there every week?

TNA SURPRISE UPDATE - INTERESTING THEORY
By Dave Scherer on 2010-06-14 10:53:38

The word going around at the PPV last night was that Dixie Carter has not told anyone what the surprise that will change the company is. She is playing it very close to the vest. No one in the company has any idea what it is.

I got an anonymous email today (which I obviously can't confirm but found interesting enough to comment on) that said that the change would be that TNA would be dropping their PPVs and instead doing live specials on SpikeTV instead. I want to make it clear that I can not confirm that but do think that it would be an interesting and good move for the company to make, as long as Spike paid them appropriately for the shows. If TNA aired monthly three hour pure wrestling shows, it could be the thing they need to appeal to new viewers and could help them sell more house show tickets and merchandise.

Again, there is no factual basis to this at this time, I just think it would be a bold an interesting move if TNA were to decide to make it.

I think I just saw one of the strangest segements ever, with Jay lethal and Rick Flair

I agree. Funny but weird

Yeah we know...Lethal can do impersonations of Savage and Flair...but come on that was just weird

And Abyss turning heel is...um...yeah thats gonna help TNA :rolleyes:

I agree. Funny but weird

Yeah we know...Lethal can do impersonations of Savage and Flair...but come on that was just weird

And Abyss turning heel is...um...yeah thats gonna help TNA :rolleyes:

I think Abyss will be better back as a heel. I do not feel he was very over as a face. I mean the crowd cheered, but they didn't POP! I can see AJ return to being a face, which I think may be a little too soon. I think he could be a great heel if given a chance.

tna needs better creative and storylines and would like to see heyman come in and get creative control.russo says hes willling to step aside to work on other areas of tna and is getting heyman and dixie to talk.russo needs to go from writing he sucks.

- According to PWInsider.com, there is a rumor (and clearly just a rumor at this point) regarding Dixie Carter's big surprise for TNA. The speculation now is that TNA would be dropping their PPVs in favor of monthly live specials on Spike TV. Once again, this is only a rumor and has NOT been confirmed.

If you missed it

part 1 of Flair/Lethal promo
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA4aZNGv-k0]YouTube - TNA 17.06.10 - Ric Flair & Jay Lethal Segment Part 1[/ame]

part 2 (the better part)
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhkgH0tVyXc]YouTube - TNA 17.06.10 - Ric Flair & Jay Lethal Segment Part 2[/ame]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts