What will really happen Feb 1st ?

StevenD said:
Yes, most of you who do not have HD receivers (or only have one) are probably quite happy.

However, a number of us have MULTIPLE HD-DVRs and we are basically screwed. We are only allowed ONE upgrade. We will have to fork out abunch of money again if we want to get more channels. It would cost me about $1700 to upgrade my receivers (942, two 921s and an 811). Thats a year and a halfs worth of programming when I switch to FiOS when it becomes available...which should be in February or March. I feel really sorry for the folks that dont have FiOS as an option.

I guess I'm wrong to think that Charlie should take care of his BEST customers. Those of us who have multiple HD-DVRs probably all spend around $150/month with Dish, in addition to the thousands of dollars that we have shelled out on equipment.

Fortunately, I have learned my lesson and I will not go out and purchase equipment based on what Charlie says will happen. I will actually wait for it to happen. Two years ago, I spent almost $400 on a SuperDish and a DP+44 because Charlie said "ALL HD IS GOING TO 105." 105 has never seen an HD channel.
Oh yea this is what really gets me if i did not have HD or just one HD receiver then heck yea i would be grateful. This is not the case i am MAD!:mad:

Forget that multiple HD receivers can't be upgraded for a minute.

Even if you've only got one, a 921 or 942, these new HD channels are going to be available Feb 1st but you can't even talk to Dish about upgrading until AFTER that........ AND unless you want to eat an additional $200, you can't get in line until April 1st...........that's 2 full months AFTER the new channels launch. That's not even considering the usual delays & shortages that Dish almost ALWAYS has new receivers. And on top of all that, given Dish's past track record, what's the likelyhood the 622 will be stable and bug free ?

jerryez said:
I just ordered a Vip 211 from a very nice CSR. She is shipping it directly to me to install for the $50 lease fee. She said I could send in my 311 for a $25 refund or keep it since I owned it. Return of owned receivers was not required. Since, I do not need any dish work (i have a dish 500 and 61.5 dish) I can install the receiver myself. Installation is not required.
Looks to me like Dish has worked out the details on the Vip211.

New to this site but have been a customer of dishnetwork for 6+ years. I have had nothing but positive experience with dishnetwork...

I have just completed the cycle of upgrading to the HDTV receiver. I did not really know much about the receiver technology when I started the cycle. I actually thought I ordered the 811 which I did just to check out the capability of my Mitsubishi VS-50800 TV.

I basically was offered the same terms as jerryXX

:)

jerryez said:
I just ordered a Vip 211 from a very nice CSR. She is shipping it directly to me to install for the $50 lease fee. She said I could send in my 311 for a $25 refund or keep it since I owned it. Return of owned receivers was not required. Since, I do not need any dish work (i have a dish 500 and 61.5 dish) I can install the receiver myself. Installation is not required.
Looks to me like Dish has worked out the details on the Vip211.

How did you pull that off? I've called 4 or 5 times in the last few weeks with no results. Everyone says that they won't know the details on the upgrade until Feb. 1. I lease an 811 so I need a 211 and I need a dish at 61.5. On the chat they said if a new dish was needed it would be included in the $50 upgrade, right?

Fredinva said:
Stone,
You've got over 400 posts, so you've been around awhile.
Yet, you went out and bought a 942 a month ago - DUH.
You knew MPEG4 was coming.
You must be eating the same type sandwiches.
fred
( ""Patiently"" waiting for a 622)
hey fred go back under the rock you came from pillow bitter

learn to read as well im patiently waitng for nbr not 622
so in conclusion fred go screw yourself

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts