What will the upfront cost be?

Andrewwski

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2007
A friend is looking to get Dish Network. Has 4 HDTV's, wants DVR on one. Therefore one 612 and three 211's.

I've tried multiple CSR's and they all give different answers. The most comprehensive answer I got is that it will be $150. After a credit on the first bill the HD-DVR is $50. The next two HD receivers are free, and the HD-DVR doesn't count as one of the free HD receivers. The 4th receiver will cost $99 upfront.

This sounds fine to me...but does the HD-DVR really not count as an HD receiver?

Can't get a straight answer from CSR's but I know you guys know these things inside out. Thanks.

A friend is looking to get Dish Network. Has 4 HDTV's, wants DVR on one. Therefore one 612 and three 211's.

I've tried multiple CSR's and they all give different answers. The most comprehensive answer I got is that it will be $150. After a credit on the first bill the HD-DVR is $50. The next two HD receivers are free, and the HD-DVR doesn't count as one of the free HD receivers. The 4th receiver will cost $99 upfront.

This sounds fine to me...but does the HD-DVR really not count as an HD receiver?

Can't get a straight answer from CSR's but I know you guys know these things inside out. Thanks.

I went into Dish bulder on the Dish Network sit and put in what you want and got 49 dollar upfront fee. Go there and do it that way and see if you get what I did.

Dish Builder won't let me do that. I can add 3 HDTV's no problem, but once I add the 4th it forces me to make 2 of them DVR's, regardless if I want 1 DVR or even none!

Dish Builder won't let me do that. I can add 3 HDTV's no problem, but once I add the 4th it forces me to make 2 of them DVR's, regardless if I want 1 DVR or even none!

Yeh you are right but it still only gives me a 49 dollar upfront fee. It should not be more than that since that has 2 HD DVR's. I would think it should be less. Did you try the chat instead of calling.

Yeh you are right but it still only gives me a 49 dollar upfront fee. It should not be more than that since that has 2 HD DVR's. I would think it should be less. Did you try the chat instead of calling.

Yes...that's where I got the best answer (the one I'm working with).

Maybe I need to send Claude a message and see what he says.

OK...Claude explained it to me. Dish won't allow for more than 2 leased 211's. Yet we could do two 612's and two 211's. I think for now we're going to do 612/211/222 though.

Which leads me to one more question...is DVR advantage basically the same as the regular package except it waives the DVR fee?

yep. waives the first dvr fee. if you have an additional dvr, then you would have a second fee. 612 i think is better choice then 722 and two 211's. you will actually have 5 tuners that way, and one tv wont be out of commision everytime you want to record something. make sure you have the 222 put in a spot where it is near the phoneline if possible to save five bucks a month on the phoneaccess fee.

OK...Claude explained it to me. Dish won't allow for more than 2 leased 211's. Yet we could do two 612's and two 211's. I think for now we're going to do 612/211/222 though.

Which leads me to one more question...is DVR advantage basically the same as the regular package except it waives the DVR fee?

It waives one DVR fee and also includes locals.

I guess you could say that...but it's not discounting them AT200 = 44.99, locals = 5.00 so total = 49.99. DVR Advantage = 49.99 with locals.

Correct...so essentially you're paying for the locals but not DVR.

It seems Dish has a great promotion going on right now. I'm seeing $50 off the first bill, 3 months free of HBO and Starz, Cinemax for a penny for a year, and Platinum HD free for 3 months.

How long is this going to last? Through the end of the month at least?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts