What wiring changes will be required for Hopper 3

From my understanding all current joeys will support 4K resolution when connected to the hopper 3. The 4K Joey will be used to provide UHD to a single tv using the existing H2k and HWS.

Sorry, but I'm pretty sure that's not correct. The Hopper 3 and the 4K Joey will provide 4K to TV's connected to them, regular Joeys will not.

I think this is the maximum for a Hopper 3 & wired Joeys:

dph_home_seventvs_1hopper_7joeys.jpg

This is a great schematic to see. If I'm understanding things, upgrading my Hopper w/Sling + wired SJ, would require a new dish and revised internal coax cables with the hub?

From my understanding all current joeys will support 4K resolution when connected to the hopper 3. The 4K Joey will be used to provide UHD to a single tv using the existing H2k and HWS.
The current Joey was never designed to output a 4K resolution so there is no way it could.

Sorry, but I'm pretty sure that's not correct. The Hopper 3 and the 4K Joey will provide 4K to TV's connected to them, regular Joeys will not.

The current Joey was never designed to output a 4K resolution so there is no way it could.
You folks are correct. I miss read the technical documents. The explanation of the Joey CR (Joey 2.0) made it seam that the faster chipset was designed to support 4K.

Like I said earlier, I don't know at this point if there will be a WiFi 4k Joey. I'm one of the last people to know unfortunately. As I also stated the WiFi Joey works great so long as it has a reliable and strong signal. I assume it's possible if they use the 5ghz band as it can support higher amounts of data at a speed consistent enough for smooth viewing experience. This technology puts dish far above directv and offers the best way to consume video content.
As for three separate dishes, there isn't a switch for the dph equipment like the dpp or dp. I would also assume that it's in the works since MDU's require them to service the tenants.

C/P:

This is the first in a two part series on the rollout of the next generation of LNBF and components, called Dish Pro Hybrid, (DPH). The NEW DPH LNBF and components have advanced technology to support future product releases.

DPH also simplifies installations by reducing cable, reducing connections, eliminating the need for a node, and reducing possible points of failure. Single messenger RG6 is approved for these Solo Hub installations and will be available for use with the new DPH components.

The new DPH components are the Eastern Arc Twin LNBF, Western Arc Triple LNBF, Solo Hub, Duo Hub and the DPH Tap. The new LNBF, while looking nearly identical to the previous generation, has the red dish logo for easier identification and only three ports, 2 outputs and 1 input.

Hopper/Joey installation rules for number of devices and max cable lengths still apply.

Apparently there will be another rollout of dph equipment, possibly a switch of some sorts.
I'm curious about the moca 2.0 and cable lengths, if the 200' rule still applies?

Apparently there will be another rollout of dph equipment, possibly a switch of some sorts.
I'm curious about the moca 2.0 and cable lengths, if the 200' rule still applies?
I'm guessing the additional equipment is the H3 and Wally and splitters to feed 16 Wallys.

C/P:

This is the first in a two part series on the rollout of the next generation of LNBF and components, called Dish Pro Hybrid, (DPH). The NEW DPH LNBF and components have advanced technology to support future product releases.

DPH also simplifies installations by reducing cable, reducing connections, eliminating the need for a node, and reducing possible points of failure. Single messenger RG6 is approved for these Solo Hub installations and will be available for use with the new DPH components.

The new DPH components are the Eastern Arc Twin LNBF, Western Arc Triple LNBF, Solo Hub, Duo Hub and the DPH Tap. The new LNBF, while looking nearly identical to the previous generation, has the red dish logo for easier identification and only three ports, 2 outputs and 1 input.

Hopper/Joey installation rules for number of devices and max cable lengths still apply.

It's been said that the H3 and Wally are the second installment. I want to say Scott was the one that released that info but I cannot be sure, so don't beat me Scott. :hiding

It seems there would be a 1 dish solution in the works for mdu's and such. Otherwise there will be many who won't be able to get the new H3.

C/P:

Thanks stardust3 for this info. Do you know if the new DPH Western Arc Triple LNBF can be installed on DISH 1000+ dish? If so, will it be able to pull in 118.7 for International channels? I hope the next rollout of DPH equipment will provide for additional Hopper 3s. It is very disappointing being restricted to one Hopper 3 per account!

The dph WA triple is for the 1000+ and provides the 110, 119 and 129 orbitals. There is an input on the lnb to allow for wing dish installs including the 118

The dph WA triple is for the 1000+ and provides the 110, 119 and 129 orbitals. There is an input on the lnb to allow for wing dish installs including the 118
WOW that sucks! Does anyone know the future of 118.7? Is DISH planning on moving the Internationals to other birds? I sure would like to have the new Hopper 3 but will now have to install a wing dish and limited to one Hopper 3. I think I am going to wait to see if or when any more new DPH equipment is coming out.