Retailer Chat 1/12/16

They are talking to Vivek about the Hopper 3 now but so far it's just repeating everything we know.

If you don't have a 4K TV the Sports Bar mode will just convert the resolution so you can still watch 4 different channels at once.

Just because you don't have a 4K that should not keep you from getting the Hopper 3. 4K is not really the main draw to this receiver. So many other features and benefits for any customer.

They improved the Netflix app by adding a unified search in the receiver.

Vivek made a comment about how some feel that Netflix is a competitor but he says he thinks of them like an HBO because of the original content they have. He's a very smart man.

Hopper 3 will be available by end of the month. Hopper Go will launch end of Q1. For some reason they are not giving a solid date yet. They did say retailers should have it available three days before launch.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Pricing time!

Hopper 3 will be free for NEW customers that qualify for the DHA24 Elite promotion. Will be $50 for DHA24 Plus promotions. Will be $150 for DHA Standard promotions. Will be $200 for Flex 24 promotions.

These promotions all depend on you credit basically. When you give a retailer or Dish your info the business system will tell what promotion you qualify for based on your credit rating with the major three credit companies.

Pricing for EXISTING CUSTOMERS. This would be for UPGRADES.

For some customers it will be free. For most customers it will be $150. For some it will be $350.

You will not know what you qualify for until you inquire with Dish or a retailer. NO ONE KNOWS how or why you are rated as you are so it's worthless to ask. This is Dish's own customer rating system and is based on numerous criteria. The only way to find out is to ask how much an upgrade will cost you with Dish or a retailer.

These prices do not include the Tech Visit fee.

Now they are talking about the new promotion which I'm not going to go over since I believe that information is already available on here. If it's not then let me know and I'll pass it along to Scott and he can post it on here.

Now they are talking marketing so nothing important. I'm not sure we're going to get much more useful info in this chat. I'll see if they say anything important at the end when they answer retailer questions.

If you currently have a Hopper receiver and are paying $12/mo for the DVR and you upgrade to the Hopper 3 you will start paying the new DVR fee of $15. Normally I would say that sucks but for what you are getting for that extra $3 I would say it's totally worth it. Doesn't bother me at all.

If you currently have a Hopper receiver and are paying $12/mo for the DVR and you upgrade to the Hopper 3 you will start paying the new DVR fee of $15. Normally I would say that sucks but for what you are getting for that extra $3 I would say it's totally worth it. Doesn't bother me at all.
For Now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I'm disappointed they didn't say anything about an official release date when they are expecting to have it available in about two weeks.

That's just life in general.
Your right, But you think Charlie is going to give up the $24 in fees from customers with 2 Hoppers, with a 16 Tuner model for only $15?
Something tells me that $10 Joeys fee will be implemented when you sign up for this Hopper3.

Thanks for the retailer chat info though.
Funny how a Flex customer can get a Hopper 3 for $200, but a low rank existing customer it's $350.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts