Retailer Chat 1/12/16

I think it's smart not giving an official date just a time frame. This is a big launch and with the logistics involved they have the ability to move it up or back.

Your right, But you think Charlie is going to give up the $24 in fees from customers with 2 Hoppers, with a 16 Tuner model for only $15?
Something tells me that $10 Joeys fee will be implemented when you sign up for this Hopper3.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

This is one of my pet peeves on this site. Quit assuming that it is Charlie who is the one demanding the prices for fees. This is a very large company that has a lot of positions where other people get paid to make decisions like these. Without Charlie we wouldn't even be talking about any of this amazing equipment.

I absolutely believe Dish is fine with people paying $15 for a Hopper 3 instead of two Hoppers. I'm not even sure Dish has that many customers that actually have more than one Hopper, mostly just users on here.

Joeys are not going up. There was misprint initially when the new prices were announced.

I wouldn't worry about any receiver fees right now. If Dish does increase the fees, which I'm sure they will in the future, it will be right along with every other providers equipment fees as well. Don't act like Dish just keeps raising fees while every other company remains very cheap. They are all very similar.

so the date for the hopper 4k on the 28th is still the same?

There is no official date from Dish yet, only from a few members on here that say they have the correct info. They may be right, as it falls in line with the end of January, but I'm not trusting anything 100% until I get a release from Dish as to when I can order and sell it.

I wouldn't worry about any receiver fees right now. If Dish does increase the fees, which I'm sure they will in the future, it will be right along with every other providers equipment fees as well. Don't act like Dish just keeps raising fees while every other company remains very cheap. They are all very similar.

Initially dish had released a price list saying the joey was going up to $10. It was quickly edited.

I personally don't care if it goes up or not. So I'm not acting like anything just pointing out what was posted.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I'm disappointed they didn't say anything about an official release date when they are expecting to have it available in about two weeks.
Installers have posted pictures of Hopper 3 units in their stock / warehouse / trucks. That suggests to me that they are still working feverishly on the software so that when the receivers are hooked up, they will pull down usable software ! Ouch !!

Reactions: Foxbat
Joeys are not going up. There was a misprint initially when the new prices were announced.
Yes, for existing customers, but it's was also stated before the Hopper was shown at CES.
I'll eat Crow, if the Hopper 3 accounts don't seen another price increase in 2016 either from the Joeys or the Receiver it's self.

Not counting the $12-15 fees that already increased.

And you are right $15 for 16 tuners, is a great price.
But no way is that going to last.

Sorry, no way is Charlie or whom every you want to blame at dish going to Give up $22 or $24 per month from SuperJoey, or Addtional Hopper account to give you 16 tuners and 4K with all of the features for $15.

I'm not sold on that, No way.
I bet something else is announced once it actually launches.

I will eat Crow If Dish doesn't implement another price increase before January 15 2017

Installers have posted pictures of Hopper 3 units in their stock / warehouse / trucks. That suggests to me that they are still working feverishly on the software so that when the receivers are hooked up, they will pull down usable software ! Ouch !!

Makes you wonder why they feel they need to have this out so fast. They could have given it a Feb. date and I think everyone would be satisfied.

The new 3yr price lock promo does NOT include the dvr but does guarantee equipment fees not to go up during the promo period.

It's a mistake to (publicly) give a firm date, IMO. They need a firm date internally that they are seriously aiming for, but the reality is, s**t happens. Release hardware or software when it's ready, not when a sales or marketing publishes a date on some literature.

Reactions: stardust3
Yes, for existing customers, but it's was also stated before the Hopper was shown at CES.
I'll eat Crow, if the Hopper 3 accounts don't seen another price increase in 2016 either from the Joeys or the Receiver it's self.

Not counting the $12-15 fees that already increased.

And you are right $15 for 16 tuners, is a great price.
But no way is that going to last.

Sorry, no way is Charlie or whom every you want to blame at dish going to Give up $22 or $24 per month from SuperJoey, or Addtional Hopper account to give you 16 tuners and 4K with all of the features for $15.

I'm not sold on that, No way.
I bet something else is announced once it actually launches.

I will eat Crow If Dish doesn't implement another price increase before January 15 2017

A current customer that has a Hopper and a Super Joey is paying $12 and $10 for a total of $22. If they upgrade to the Hopper 3 with Joey then they will pay $15 and $7 for a total of $22. I think Dish is just fine with that, especially if they think that customer is going to stay longer.

The customer that goes from two Hoppers to the Hopper 3 would actually see a decrease in price. I am one of those customers. I am now paying $24 in Hopper fees and $14 in Joey fees for a total of $38. When I switch to the Hopper 3 I will be paying $15 in Hopper fees and $21 in Joey fees for a total of $36. A whopping $2 from me.

How many two Hopper customers do you think Dish has? How many of those do you think are going to upgrade to the Hopper 3 right away? The numbers are probably much smaller than you realize.

Reactions: Tampa8
A current customer that has a Hopper and a Super Joey is paying $12 and $10 for a total of $22. If they upgrade to the Hopper 3 with Joey then they will pay $15 and $7 for a total of $22. I think Dish is just fine with that, especially if they think that customer is going to stay longer.

The customer that goes from two Hoppers to the Hopper 3 would actually see a decrease in price. I am one of those customers. I am now paying $24 in Hopper fees and $14 in Joey fees for a total of $38. When I switch to the Hopper 3 I will be paying $15 in Hopper fees and $21 in Joey fees for a total of $36. A whopping $2 from me.

How many two Hopper customers do you think Dish has? How many of those do you think are going to upgrade to the Hopper 3 right away? The numbers are probably much smaller than you realize.
Trust me I hope your right, But if Memory serves me right it didn't take very long for dish to Jack up the addtional hopper fees, and the addtional Vip Duo receivers.

Reactions: MikeD-C05