Retailer Chat 1/12/16

Thank you, Scherrman.

To all: I'm curious about the Hopper Voice remote. With which receivers will it be bundled? Does it only work with the Hopper 3 and 4K Joey? Can I purchase the remote separately this month to use it with a compatible receiver with which it's not bundled (if there are any)?

I'm also curious about the 4K Joey. I'd like to replace my Joeys 1.0 with 4K Joeys, especially if they are bundled with the Hopper Voice remote. I haven't heard about possible upgrade costs associated with the 4K Joey. I'm also wondering whether initially 4K Joey orders will be limited either to a number per customer or to installations on 4K TVs.

I'm sure that answers are incoming over the next week or two.

Take care, all.

Installers have posted pictures of Hopper 3 units in their stock / warehouse / trucks. That suggests to me that they are still working feverishly on the software so that when the receivers are hooked up, they will pull down usable software ! Ouch !!

For the most part the software is ready to go, its the addons such as the Sports Bar Mode is still being finalized and worked out. I also understand that there were some last moment menu changes based on feedback from DISH employee testers.

Reactions: simplexswrhs90
Thank you, Scherrman.

To all: I'm curious about the Hopper Voice remote. With which receivers will it be bundled? Does it only work with the Hopper 3 and 4K Joey? Can I purchase the remote separately this month to use it with a compatible receiver with which it's not bundled (if there are any)?

I'm also curious about the 4K Joey. I'd like to replace my Joeys 1.0 with 4K Joeys, especially if they are bundled with the Hopper Voice remote. I haven't heard about possible upgrade costs associated with the 4K Joey. I'm also wondering whether initially 4K Joey orders will be limited either to a number per customer or to installations on 4K TVs.

I'm sure that answers are incoming over the next week or two.

Take care, all.

I think we're going to have to wait for answers to these questions unless Scott can fill us in. We're getting closer.

But if Memory serves me right it didn't take very long for dish to Jack up the addtional hopper fees,
Having the initial $7 additional hopper fee the same as a Joey was artificially low. Whether that was a bait and switch, or a mistake, it was quickly "corrected".

I don't see the $15 fee being an artificially low number this time, especially since it is in line with competitors.

Having the initial $7 additional hopper fee the same as a Joey was artificially low. Whether that was a bait and switch, or a mistake, it was quickly "corrected".

I don't see the $15 fee being an artificially low number this time, especially since it is in line with competitors.
Directv charges $15 even if you have a single 2 tuner HR24.
And then they still charge Minimum $7 on the first room.

So a 5 Tuner Directv system in 2 rooms, cost $29.
And so does a 2 room HR 24 account.

I would say based on the competition, Dish is priced way below par.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tampa8
Right, the difference being the $7 outlet charge on the first room. In line, otherwise.

Definitely not a war.
I'm impressed that Dish is only charging $15 is all.
Some are not shocked, I am how ever.

Reactions: Tampa8
Pricing for EXISTING CUSTOMERS. This would be for UPGRADES.

For some customers it will be free. For most customers it will be $150. For some it will be $350.

You will not know what you qualify for until you inquire with Dish or a retailer. NO ONE KNOWS how or why you are rated as you are so it's worthless to ask. This is Dish's own customer rating system and is based on numerous criteria. The only way to find out is to ask how much an upgrade will cost you with Dish or a retailer.

These prices do not include the Tech Visit fee.

Bummer - the free upgrade was too good to be true - now we have to hope we win the Dish criteria lottery.

Yes, You definitely answered the question on price we were all waiting for . The Date, well I'm sure it will be soon, Because I think it will help with New customers.

I don't think Existing customers numbers will change, being as I don't think people are leaving because of Sub par receivers.
No one has more then 5 or 6 tuners anyway.

People leave to cut the cord, or maybe dropped channels.

Bummer - the free upgrade was too good to be true - now we have to hope we win the Dish criteria lottery.

There is always a lot of confusion at first. Dish always words their new promotions in a terrible way. They like to say that new customers can get a free upgrade to the newest receiver. In the past when there was newer equipment there was an upgrade fee to get it even if you were signing up as a new customer. the basic equipment was free but you had to pay an upfront fee to get the high end equipment.

This confuses existing customer into think that they get to upgrade for free. Usually there are no such things as free upgrades because there will either be some kind of upgrade fee or a tech visit fee. Sometimes if you talk to the right people at Dish you can get upgrade and tech visit fees waved.

Just for grins, I looked back at the last 20 upgrades that I performed. Unless the criteria changes, all but 1 would have qualified for a free Hopper 3 upgrade. The one that wouldn't have was only because the upgrade occurred 5 weeks after the customers original install. So, as Scherrman advises, don't worry to much about having to pay the highest (and I would add, even the middle) price for an upgrade. Additionally, if anyone would like to know exactly which upgrade level they fall in, feel free to message me and I can check for you.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)