What works on a deactivated Hopper

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rharkins

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
Kansas City, MO USA
I decided to return my Hopper2000 and keep my HWS and one Joey. DIRT took care of my request, and immediately deactivated the H2000.

Here's what still works on the deactivated Hopper:

Recorded programs are still available to watch, and can be transferred to an external drive.
OTA channels (from external OTA tuner) are visible and can be watched, but there is no guide data. Manual timers still record OTA channels.
Video On Demand channels (501) and movie channels (502-558) still show in guide and can appear to be rentable. I didn't try to rent one.
TR3S (872), Bravo (9492), and Sundance TV (9588) show in guide and are watchable. I'm sure this is a fluke, and the channels are mis-configured at DISH.

I know this question has come up on older receivers, but I don't think I've seen any discussion on Hoppers...

Tr3s has been opened to all the last uplink report. The other other pay channels, might bein free preview or like Velocity may open to confirm reception like Velocity/Discovery HD used to be.

How long has it been deactivated, was it still connected when the deactivation signal was sent out.

It was connected when the deactivation signal was sent, and is still connected. It was deactivated Thursday morning, and is still working as described on Saturday.

I can also still link my Joey to the deactivated Hopper...

Let us know if it is still working in a couple of weeks. This is good stuff to know, thank you.

There may be a poison pill that makes it die later. Or maybe only after disconnecting from the dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts