New Recordings showing "100% watched" after latest update?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jbarr

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2013
Anderson, SC
Since the latest SW upgrade, some new recordings are showing up in DVR listing as 100% watched, even though it was just recorded and I have not watched them.

This is happening to my brother-in-law's Hopper as well. Mine seems intermittent, meaning that if I record several shows in a series, a few show up as 100% watched, but not all. I'm not sure about my brother-in-law.

Anyone else seeing this behavior?

Yep, me as well. I've also discovered that the air dates of previous recordings have randomly changed, throwing episode sequences way off if arranged by date.

I am also having the same issue on both of my Hopper's.

I've only had it happen with two programs so far, but that's too many since something that makes no sense shouldn't be happening at all.

Are other folks still seeing this? I'm not entirely sure it's actually a bug. It seems to me that if I'm watching a show then anything my DVR is recording at that time is marked as being viewed. Maybe it's just not smart enough to keep track of which tuner I'm using? I'm definitely not seeing this for every show, just some of them. Also it seems that if I have my TV on, and the channel I'm watching rolls into a show that gets recorded, when the show is over, the DVR drops out of live mode and into the "End of Recording" mode and marks the whole thing as 100% watched. Not really sure how it would know if I was actually watching or not, but this behavior does seem new.

It's a bug, and we gave input to DIRT and Dish is working on it.

Stuff I've recorded but never touched shows up as 100%.

I'm not entirely sure it's actually a bug. It seems to me that if I'm watching a show then anything my DVR is recording at that time is marked as being viewed. Maybe it's just not smart enough to keep track of which tuner I'm using?
If you don't think it's a bug, what would you call it ?

It's a future, forward, feature. Try saying that one fast 3 times. ;) It knows you are going to watch it in the future, so it already shows 100% watched.:cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)