This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

What would you do?

What woulld you do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Liquidforce88

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
The Land Of OZ
With gas prices being the way they are, and projected to go as high as $5.00. Many installers are feeling the pain from the pump. What would you customers do if you had a tech roll up in something like this?

Now I know this pic is not very good. But just imagine a decent looking vehicle with Dish Network logo's. Ladders on the rack. This would get 40MPG.

Attachments

• scan0001_640x480.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 303
With a couple slight modifications, I'm pretty sure we would be able to time travel (provided it can get up to 88 in the first place )

It's no Delorean, but it'll do.

Also, those epic flames would need to stay.

as long as it has a better paint job and a logo, i don't see any problem with it. the pic you posted makes the car look like it hasn't been washed in a while

It can't be washed.. It might fall apart.

Where Yugo, I go, and its time to Fiesta.

Judging by the grill design (no louvres), its gotta be an late 80s-early 90s model. It would work, but that 3 cylinder engine in anything but new condition is likely leaking past the rings, and dumping more pollutants into the air (familiar with the car). I would not say environmental concern and that car go hand in hand....The roof rack looks hot though!

Last edited:
On of our local installers drives a 2009 hummer and although it looks neat, I know he is loosing money ever time he starts that thing.
So I don't give him good marks for being frugal or a good money maker and it would raise concerns about if he's cutting corners on an instal just to make a little money.
But if I saw that pull up?
As long as the installer looked professional and competent, I wouldn't have a problem.

I think it would be fine for them to drive a Justy Festiva or any other gas saver.As long as they get the job done right who cares what they drive.

That VW "Caddy" looks a lot like the Ford Transit.

Choices 2 & 3 are pretty much the same. If you add them together, it looks like an installer would be fine driving something like that.

I gave up on caring much about what people drive a long time ago. These days, I agree a lot more with Dave Ramsey about the "paid off mortgage" being the new status symbol. If that's what the installer wanted to drive... more power to him.

Cheers