What's Best firmware for Openbox 10

Status
Please reply by conversation.

whatchel1

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Sep 30, 2006
Great High Plains
What are the best firmware downloads here for the Openbox 10? For those here that have this unit I would to know what you have downloaded that you feel is best for this FTA box. Many thanks.

I'm using the Openbox_S10_1011, works fine for me on a unit that id's as being "genuine" (whatever that is for an s10) but I don't PVR. As the latest OEM firmware, I'd hope it PVR's as good as any prior version. This firmware is European so have to do the PAL/NTSC dance and ended up loading a NA sat list after loading the firmware (but now would just save my current sat file on a stick and relaod if the firmware is updated again)

Of all the ones that I've tried the 10-11-11 works best for me also. Mine is also listed as supposedly "genuine".

I always try the latest to see how it performs,the latest I could find was actually for the yumy s10 (thailand?)that was dated dec 12 on the info screen.
I had to revert back today to 04-04 for 30w research and fun.

Of all the ones that I've tried the 10-11-11 works best for me also. Mine is also listed as supposedly "genuine".

@ the the Red Highlighted. Where is this displayed on the S10, or how can you access where it is displayed as "genuine"?

So did your show up as valid according to that list?

So did your show up as valid according to that list?

Nothing displayed on the screen when I followed the steps provided in the link on post #6. The steps I followed were; Menu -----> Tools----> OK to highlight "Information" then in typed 777777 and nothing happened!:(

the numbers you punch in varies with the firmware rev.
On old s9 firmware I am playing with now on the s10 the chip id is whacked out.9F10
my real id is 07de

Didn't we go around in circles with this some time ago? I thought the bottom line was that:

a) multiple manufacturers of the "Openbox" mean different behaviors and that NOTHING is "genuine" in FTA coming from China...
b) the "genuine" test means nothing......and rumors of the "kill after x (amount of) reboots" were just rumors....

or did I dream "A" and "B"...

On the European forums I'm pretty sure there were people who had their boxes killed. I saw a picture of one scrolling "Your box is CLONE version..." on the screen.

kill is actually a misnomer,you can always restore via rs232 port.
It gets triggered by reboots,so duh just leave the receiver on all the time if you are terrified.

Is this thread mainly referring to the FW version that is uploaded to Satguys on 11-23? (the version that shows in the billboard on the right on the download page)...It's new to me, but before I do my own comparative review, just wanted to make sure it isn't the same as another version with a different date or source! I'd enjoy posting any improvements it makes to my S10 and any quirks that remain.

the only true date test as of this writing is to load the firmware and look at the info screen.
At one time you could use the firmware tool to look at the userdb date before loading,but people are able to change that date now to whatever they want.The maincode is encrypted and compressed,so there is no way of detecting the date until you load it.I spent many hours loading firmware that was named incorrectly.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts