What's for dinner ?

What happens to them? Here are a few tips you likely already know.

1. never cook cold or chilly items; meats or veggies; bring to room temp

2. never overcrowd the pan; cook as fast & hot as you can while still achieving desire doneness

3. the best taste is always about using the right spices and the right amount; too light is worse than too heavy in most cases. (I can recommend spices, unless you have a local spice store I don't think grocers or boxed mixes work at all)

4. allow items, especially meats to rest before cutting & serving and don't let them sit in the juices or drippings

OK Bobby; the diet killer inspired by you!

Homemade fried chicken and garlic, half n half & butter mashed potatoes.

Attachments

• img_9253.jpg
    img_9253.jpg
    547.3 KB · Views: 75
  • img_9252.jpg
    img_9252.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 60
I use a semi-commercial deep fryer so you may need to adjust times for your cooking method

I also normally only do thighs (insert joke)

1. Allow chicken to naturally warm out of the fridge; about 15 - 20 mins. (pre-heat safflower, peanut or canola oil to 365 deg)

2. Lightly salt and pepper and garlic powder the chicken and set aside

3. Fill large Rubbermaid tub with the chicken and cover with milk or buttermilk seasoned with and bit of garlic; let sit for about 20 mins

4. In another container mix 3 cups all-purpose flour, 1 cup of corn starch, 2 tablespoons garlic and onion powder and sweet paprika, 1 tablespoon cumin, 1 teaspoon of cayenne

5. Drain the chicken and pat it dry. Dredge the pieces, a few at a time, in the flour mixture; coating well

6. Place 3 - 4 pieces into the deep fryer, but don't crowd, do small batches if you have too

7. After 3 - 4 mins lower the temp to 325 deg and cook for another 9 - 10 mins (total time 13 - 15m)

8. Drain on raised rack or some way where the chicken doesn't sit in the drippings

9. Rest for about 5 - 7 mins

Beverage of Choice

What's For Lunch?