What's for dinner ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Zucchini and Ground Beef Orzo Casserole. Beer.​

Reactions: dfergie
It's been a tradition in my family for nearly 50 years. The day after Thanksgiving we enjoy a meal consisting of Tamales, Posole, red chile, pinto's, rice and warmed flour tortillas. Mexican lager, amber ale or locally crafted wine is usually served as the celebratory beverages. Non alcoholic beverages available for the young and alcohol intolerant. The important thing is that we are together. A challenging piece of the equation given this damnable virus. Enjoy!

The annual day after Thanksgiving sandwich. Turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce, sliced stuffed green olives, lots of mayo, all on sheepherder bread. A celebration carried on by my entire family across two states.

Reactions: Foxbat
Pulled the last servings of turkey vegetable soup from the freezer. Warmed it up and made home made biscuits. The kitchen sure smelled good.

First homemade pizza of the fall. I mixed up the dough yesterday, let it rise for 2 1/2 hours and then put it in the fridge overnight so everything could get happy. Made a sauce with San Marzano tomatoes, mushrooms and sweet Italian sausage. It usually takes me a couple of bakes to dial in my procedure. But tonight I nailed it first shot. I also made a salad with mixed greens, candied walnut, sliced apples, dried cranberries, Gorgonzola and vinaigrette. Local craft ale to drink for the chef. :drunk Yumm...

Granulated garlic (better than plain garlic powder), onion powder, oregano, basil all have the potential to make a bland Italian dish pop.
Thanks, a little late this time, but I'll remember for next time!

I put it in a glass dish, added more sauce, a little water to keep it moist while heating, seasoned it a bit more with some herb steak seasoning, covered it tightly with foil, and re-heated in the oven for 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Came out perfect, and tasted much better than when it originally came out.

Reactions: TRG
Homemade pizza. I made a double batch of dough last week and froze half. Took that out of the freezer last night and it's been getting, "happy" since then. :) Made a tomato sauce with San Marzano tomatoes earlier. Toppings will be sliced meatballs, mushrooms and roasted garlic. Local craft IPA.

Reactions: Bobby and dfergie
I’ve got homemade carne adovada cooking, guacamole made, and ciliantro lime rice ready to put together. They are all going into burritos. Hello New Mexico from sunny wine country in California! :D