What's going on with my system?

hometheaterman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
So starting a month or two ago, I came inside and noticed my signal fading out. I went out and tweaked the Dish and got it good again. Signal strength was in the mid to high 70's on 110 and 119 and in the high 50's on 129. It worked great for two weeks or so, but then I noticed it again. I tweaked my Dish again thinking maybe it had gotten moved. Well, anyway fast forward to today, and I'm having the problem again. Every 1-2 minutes the signal drops off. It will stay on the screen partial signal loss until I change channels. As soon as I change channels, it comes back on again, for 1-2 minutes then it will do the same thing. I can instantly change channels and come back and it will work for a minute or two, or I can sit there for 5 minutes and it will keep saying it doesn't have signal. It does this on channels on all 3 satellites. Any idea's as to what's gone bad?

I think it is one of two things. You didn't say what kind of receiver you have, but I think it sounds like either the LNB is developing drift, but unlikely on all three sats. Do you only have one receiver, or is this an ongoing problem on all your receivers? If you have more than one and ONLY one is doing this, I would suspect it is your receiver crapping out. If you have more than one and its doing it on all of them, I would think LNB. Giving more info as to what receivers you have will help diagnose your problem.

I have two receivers, but I hardly ever watch the one upstairs so I've not noticed it doing it. The one I mainly watch and have noticed this on is a 722ViP. The other one is an older 501. That being said, it quit doing it, and has been working for a couple of hours tonight, so I can't figure out what the heck it is. I think it has to be something going bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)