What's In Your 3D Collection?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I just Love the 3d in it, it was my first true 3d movie, and I keep going back to the wow factor moment of them getting off the airplane when they first arrive, I was hooked on 3d at that point.

I watched Open Season last night. I was wrong, it's a pretty good movie, the visuals are pretty eye popping as well. For Saw 3D, can anyone watch it, or do you need to see the pervious Saw movies? While I love horror, I never got into the Saw series for some reason. Is it possible to just watch Saw 3D and still 'get it' without seeing the previous 6 or 7 movies?

There will be plenty to feast on until Feb 2012. Then it will be cheap. I wouldn't have gone for the extra BluRay player but decided since we were planning to get one anyway as a gift for daughter, I could get the Avatar 3D for free ( I hope as I don't have it yet) Then she could borrow it later on if she gets a 3D display ( doubtful). Her DVD player broke and I gave her my old Samsung BluRay Player and it lasted for about a year and it broke so now she has all those DVD's and a few BluRays and nothing to play them on. I think Avatar will be one of those classic stories that I'll watch about every 9-12 months, like the Star Trek series and Star Wars set, Lord of the Rings, etc.

Im with you. I ended back up with an Oppo 93, and Im just not gonna worry about Avatar. Ive seen it 3 times on Blu, so by the time we can buy the 3D version for a normal price, Ill be ready to watch it again.

Steve- I don't think so but you could watch it just for the individual tortures being done on different people. What you won't get is how the main characters all tie in. It's not like Star Trek series. More like Jason Borne series. You wouldn't understand how Borne got where he did by just watching the final DVD. This SAW final chapter does not do a recap so from the get go you'll not know what the relationships are in the story. What they do give you are a few memory recall snippets but these are at best a reminder to those who followed the series. Netflix has all 6 prior episodes some in streaming, then you can buy the VII Final chapter in 3D. BTW- the recalls on earlier episodes are not in 3D.

Just finished watching the 3D Space Station. This is my new 3D demo standard! Everyone needs to have this one in their collection. The 3D is so crisp and clean you think you are in the space station. There are some gimmicks in it that are really fun. Like the time when an astronaut tosses an orange at you and you want to reach out and catch it but it flies right through your hand and bounces off your glasses! Another when you want to try to catch a globule of water floating right in front of your eyes. Also its a great look at how the Russians launch. It's quite informal and much less complex compared to our Space port at Kennedy.

On the negative side- the only time the video was not super was when they shot through glass at the subject and there was a side light glare on the glass.

i recently joined the 3d club and my first two movies are resident evil and despicable me. i hope to get a few more in the near future, anybody got any suggestions?

Saw the Hubble Repair in 3D IMAX at the Kennedy Space center last summer. It is really a good 3D presentation too. Much of a similar 3D Hubble show can be seen on The Universe 3D BluRay.

The program at the space center was details on the actual repair, Don. They showed the same sections of space before and after the repair. The Universe just shows some of Hubble's best looking images converted to 3D.

Steve- I don't think so but you could watch it just for the individual tortures being done on different people. What you won't get is how the main characters all tie in. It's not like Star Trek series. More like Jason Borne series. You wouldn't understand how Borne got where he did by just watching the final DVD. This SAW final chapter does not do a recap so from the get go you'll not know what the relationships are in the story. What they do give you are a few memory recall snippets but these are at best a reminder to those who followed the series. Netflix has all 6 prior episodes some in streaming, then you can buy the VII Final chapter in 3D. BTW- the recalls on earlier episodes are not in 3D.

I just bought the first three Saw movies and a few others (nothing in 3D though) at Ultimate Electronics. Their latest sale is 25% off of Blu Rays, 30% off if you buy five or more, all they had left in stock were the first three Saw's or I would have bought the whole collection. Seven movies on Blu Ray for $72 total including tax, not too bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)