What's In Your 3D Collection?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Steve Mehs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 22, 2010
Marilla, NY
Just wondering what 3D Blu Rays everyone has. I only have four but looking at picking up some more.

- Alice In Wonderland 3D
- Monster House 3D
- Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 3D

I've gotten quite a few -- still missing some of the Exclusives and only rejected ordering a few.

3d Triple feature: Galapagos, Into the Deep, Mummies
A Christmas Carol
Alice in Wonderland
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Coraline
Deep Sea
Despicable Me
Dinosaurs Alive
How to Train Your Dragon
Grand Canyon Adventure
Ice Age Dawn of the Dinosaurs
Legend of the Guardians, The Owls of Ga'Hoole
Monster House
Monsters vs Aliens
Open Season
Piranha 3D
The Polar Express
Shrek 3d: The Complete collection
Space Station 3d
Resident Evil: Afterlife
Under the Sea
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
Wild Ocean

As far as the 3d is concerned, those using 3d cameras, or using 3D animation techniques are quite good. Those strictly shot in 2d and then converted are not much better than than the effects my TV can do on the fly. The Shrek 3d conversions of the first 3 movies, apparently because the original elements were essentially 3d rendered as 2d, were excellent. I am more worried about some of the older 2d animations now planned to be converted to 3d.

A Christmas Carol
Alice in Wonderland
Legend of the Guardians, The Owls of Ga'Hoole
Monster House
Resident Evil: Afterlife
The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System
3D Magic Forest
Step Up 3D
SAW 3D: The Final Chapter
The Last Airbender 3D
Hearst Castle tour in 3D ( Purchased from VUDU 3D collection )
DTS Demo Disk ( has some 3D samples )

I have AVATAR 3D exclusive on order from Panasonic
Preordered TRON 3D 5 disk set

I have a couple of those anaglyph 3D movies in Blu Ray but didn't mention them in my list. Coraline, Polar Express and Friday the 13th. Each of these movies used a different color scheme and came with their own sets of glasses.

For those that have it, what do you think of Open Season? In terms of both the actual movie and the 3D quality? I found both Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs and Monster House to excellent movies with eye popping 3D effects and were fun to watch. Watching the demo trailers Open Season looks kinda lame but if I can get it cheap I might buy it.

For those that have it, what do you think of Open Season? In terms of both the actual movie and the 3D quality? I found both Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs and Monster House to excellent movies with eye popping 3D effects and were fun to watch. Watching the demo trailers Open Season looks kinda lame but if I can get it cheap I might buy it.
Open Season 3d quality is quite good. The movie itself is average for an animation feature, not a classic. If you didn't like the trailer you probably will not like it.

On Avatar? Yes!

Should have these 3D's coming in today from Amazon:

Space Station 3D
Dinosaurs 3D
Grand Canyon Adventure

I'm kinda burned out on kids animations so I deleted my 3D of Coraline, Despicable Me and Open Season and ordered the above. Spent the weekend with 2 Yr old grandson so we watched a ton of Dinosaur Choo Choo and Thomas The Trains on Netflix. He finds them on my ipad and then I access them on the big screen. When he left I got out SAW in 3D and watched it twice! It was pretty good final chapter.

I really really want avatar in 3d, just cant justify 100 dollars on my budget and dont need another bluray player as I have a ps3 and just bought one last year late.

There will be plenty to feast on until Feb 2012. Then it will be cheap. I wouldn't have gone for the extra BluRay player but decided since we were planning to get one anyway as a gift for daughter, I could get the Avatar 3D for free ( I hope as I don't have it yet) Then she could borrow it later on if she gets a 3D display ( doubtful). Her DVD player broke and I gave her my old Samsung BluRay Player and it lasted for about a year and it broke so now she has all those DVD's and a few BluRays and nothing to play them on. I think Avatar will be one of those classic stories that I'll watch about every 9-12 months, like the Star Trek series and Star Wars set, Lord of the Rings, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)