What's In Your 3D Collection?

I no longer have Netflix. I gave up Netflix in favor of subscribing to all the movie channels and I won't touch their online streaming until they can stream DTS HD Master Audio or Dolby True HD.

Enjoyed Avatar 3D last night.

I forgot how good that movie is. The 3D was actually better than I remember it from the theater. Everything looked very crisp and detailed.

I played it in my OPPO 93 and it looked good up until credits roll and then the playback began to hesitate. I'll have to investigate that further later on. Maybe the OPPO needed another reset. I've noticed that on the 93 lately. Anyway, I am happy to have Avatar 3D in my collection .

Just wondering what 3D Blu Rays everyone has. I only have four but looking at picking up some more.

- Alice In Wonderland 3D
- Monster House 3D
- Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 3D

Please tell me something about Monster House 3D. Is that really good for you. I like Avatar but have not tried Monster House.

Monster House 3D: I have it and it is on a scale of 1-10 about a 5. 3D effects are average, PQ average, and story is average. Avatar, on my scale would rate a 9-10.

Please tell me something about Monster House 3D. Is that really good for you. I like Avatar but have not tried Monster House.

Not sure what you mean by is it good for you, but I thought it was a decent movie. I liked the story, the 3D effects were alright, not the best but still okay IMO. If I didn’t get it for free, I probably would have still purchased it. I really enjoyed what I call ‘Sony’s 3D CGI Trifecta’, Monster House, Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs and Open Season. All three were good movies, but Avatar not only raises the bar, it sets it to a whole new level, it is the benchmark for both picture quality and storyline and everything for pales in comparison.

Got the 5 disk set of Tron. Watched both in order. The Original Tron was very well done for such an old movie. A bit grainy but otherwise the color was brilliant and excellent sharpness. I also thought the original story was much better than the Legacy.

Legacy was good in 3D but limited in what they did with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts