What's missing?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
P

paniv

Nov 21, 2005
I bought a house with a mesh dish in the roof and a GI 350i receiver. I get some free channels down here in Puerto Rico but I want to subscribe. The problem is that I cannot find my unit ID. I follow the user guide instructions and press "setup" then "1" "1" on a scrambled channel but all that happens is that the channel changes to 11. I obviously know nothing about this - maybe some one can tell me what equipment I may be missing or wht I may be doing wrong? Thanks.

Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
For that to work you must be tuned to a VC2+ scrambled channel, when you are you will see a black screen and then you can press Setup then "1" "1"

If you are doing this and its still not working there is a chanceyour setup button is not working.

You can see your VC2 ID number by popping the VC2+ module out of the 350 as it is written on the sticker on the decoder unit.

rkrenicki

rkrenicki

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 11, 2005
I thought that the GI 350i was a Digicipher unit? the one that they used for Primestar?

P

paniv

Nov 21, 2005
Thanks for your suggestions but I still can't access my ID# because (1) the sticker only gives the first 9 characters of the #, and (2) I cannot find any channel with a black screen - all blue or scrambled or in the clear and the setup button does nothing on any of them.

WyrTwister

WyrTwister

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 6, 2004
paniv said:
Thanks for your suggestions but I still can't access my ID# because (1) the sticker only gives the first 9 characters of the #, and (2) I cannot find any channel with a black screen - all blue or scrambled or in the clear and the setup button does nothing on any of them.

I am a C band newbie , but on my IRD , if I hit a scrambled channel , a nag screen pops up telling me I am not subscribed .

Is it possable the battery is dead on his VC II module ? Or the module is just not working ?

Wyr

P

paniv

Nov 21, 2005
problem solved

Thanks for your help. The module was not seated properly.

Status
Please reply by conversation.