What's missing?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

paniv

Original poster
Nov 21, 2005
I bought a house with a mesh dish in the roof and a GI 350i receiver. I get some free channels down here in Puerto Rico but I want to subscribe. The problem is that I cannot find my unit ID. I follow the user guide instructions and press "setup" then "1" "1" on a scrambled channel but all that happens is that the channel changes to 11. I obviously know nothing about this - maybe some one can tell me what equipment I may be missing or wht I may be doing wrong? Thanks.

For that to work you must be tuned to a VC2+ scrambled channel, when you are you will see a black screen and then you can press Setup then "1" "1"

If you are doing this and its still not working there is a chanceyour setup button is not working.

You can see your VC2 ID number by popping the VC2+ module out of the 350 as it is written on the sticker on the decoder unit.

I thought that the GI 350i was a Digicipher unit? the one that they used for Primestar?

Thanks for your suggestions but I still can't access my ID# because (1) the sticker only gives the first 9 characters of the #, and (2) I cannot find any channel with a black screen - all blue or scrambled or in the clear and the setup button does nothing on any of them.

paniv said:
Thanks for your suggestions but I still can't access my ID# because (1) the sticker only gives the first 9 characters of the #, and (2) I cannot find any channel with a black screen - all blue or scrambled or in the clear and the setup button does nothing on any of them.

I am a C band newbie , but on my IRD , if I hit a scrambled channel , a nag screen pops up telling me I am not subscribed .

Is it possable the battery is dead on his VC II module ? Or the module is just not working ?

Wyr

problem solved

Thanks for your help. The module was not seated properly.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)